need a electra dyne with the 10 watt option, any rumors?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
I know mesa wants to keep the amp simple but, a 10 watt option would make the amp perfect, for me. fingers crossed

Talked to Marcus D at Mesa today. He's got an ED, says it's great.
He says he is not aware of an upcoming 10w option/upgrade for
the ED.

Mesa seems to release amps regularly. In the last three years we’ve seen the Express, the Mark V, the ED, and the Transatlantic. Did the LSS come out in the last three years or is it older? And I’m not even including the upgrades to the Stiletto and Rectifier lines.

Anyway my point is the TA has been out for a while (how long 6-9 months?) so we’re probably going to see an upgrade or a brand new model fairly soon. It may be easier for Mesa to release an upgrade so the ED might be a prime candidate as I don’t think the ED sales have been that great.

I’m just speculating here but maybe the guys at Mesa we speak to on the phone don’t tell us anything because they know it will be repeated on this board :)

LesMesa said:
Mesa seems to release amps regularly. In the last three years we’ve seen the Express, the Mark V, the ED, and the Transatlantic. Did the LSS come out in the last three years or is it older? And I’m not even including the upgrades to the Stiletto and Rectifier lines.
The LSS is at least three years old.

LesMesa said:
It may be easier for Mesa to release an upgrade so the ED might be a prime candidate as I don’t think the ED sales have been that great.
What makes you think that? Given player feedback and my time demoing them, I'd think their sales should be brisk.

LesMesa said:
I’m just speculating here but maybe the guys at Mesa we speak to on the phone don’t tell us anything because they know it will be repeated on this board :)
Manufacturers typically withhold info about upgraded products so that the older "obsolete" inventory won't go unsold, especially where dealers are concerned. Boogies aren't exactly a high sales-volume product like iPods, etc..

ryjan said:
I thought the TA was a low watt ED.

Different tubes and it's two channel w/o an effects loop. I want both anyway.

ryjan said:
I thought the TA was a low watt ED.
Where did you read that?

I played one a couple weeks ago. Didn't really get a chance to crank. Definately did not sound like my ED.

The lack of a loop is the deal breaker for me on that one.

Latest posts

Back