NAMM pics!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
Alright, here are the pictures I took at NAMM of the new Roadster and the Stiletto Duece.

Both of them look pretty sweet! I'm hoping to get my hands on a Roadster when they hit the shelves. Speaking of which, from talking to they guys at Mesa, they will be available later this spring.

Thanks for the shots!!!! I see the Roadster Combo comes with either 1 or 2 speakers.

Did you see the RK II while you were there. Does it have the same cosmetics?

Thanks

brianf

Whats with the gap on the front of the Roadster combos? Ventilation? Looks wierd to me.

electrik said:
Whats with the gap on the front of the Roadster combos? Ventilation? Looks wierd to me.

I was wondering that too, but if you look closer..... I don't think it's a gap? I think it just the way the black diamond plate or the tolex covered part is rolled back and the shadows/lighting is making it look like a gap. See the shadows/reflections of the knobs? I think it's just the lighting.

Yeah, there is no gap. Tele_jas is right. I just looked at the bigger pictures I have saved to my computer and it is just rolled back at that part. Both of Roadster combos are closed back. I think the same is true for the new Stilleto combo.

I talked to someone at Mesa and they said the new models they displayed at NAMM are not production models and that they were on-of-a-kind amps that they built for the show. They should start production soon...

I'm getting GAS for the ACE. Wonder if they will offer a small head size.

I'll post the latest PRO NET once I get a copy.

no soul said:
say, any mention on PRONET for either of these bad boys?

I remember them saying $1899 for the Roadster, I can't recall what he said about the Ace. Probably a couple hunge less than the Duece.

ned said:
I'll post the latest PRO NET once I get a copy.

Yeah, I was looking for the latest pricing online but couldn't find it. I was wondering if they're raising their prices (again) on all of the other equipment this year. At least it makes the market value of my Mesa gear go up...

Do you have an inside track to the pro net pricing Ned? Let us know when you get the latest with the new gear on it.

No inside track here. But as soon as the digital image of the pricing gets in my hands I will post it.

i don't think it's a gap but rather a bevel to allow easier access to the lower row of knobs.

electrik said:

Customer Service at MB told me that the ACE would go for ~1600.

Anyone have a photo of a ace combo?

Here's the Pro Net:

Ace
Head - $1499 1x12 1599 2x12 1699

Roadster
Head - $1899 1x12 1999 2x12 2099

Of course this could change.

Anyone know for sure what the difference between the Ace and Stiletto Deuce/tridents will be tonewise? I know the specs are on the mesa site, but has anyone had a chance to hear them at NAMM or anything?

xnfx said:
Anyone know for sure what the difference between the Ace and Stiletto Deuce/tridents will be tonewise? I know the specs are on the mesa site, but has anyone had a chance to hear them at NAMM or anything?

I heard them demo the new Ace at NAMM, but couldn't give an accurate comparison because I didn't hear them side by side. I can tell you that they sounded killer and for what it's push'n, it's hard to beat the tone. Think of a Duece or Trident in the 50 watt setting. Also, the combo is closed-back if that helps. More of a 4x12 sound coming from a combo. Pretty sweet overall!

Thanks for the info!
So, pretty similar tone to a regular stiletto in the 50watt mode? I already have a Stiletto Deuce, and I'm trying to see if the tonal differences would be enough that I would use both of these. :) Do you happen to remember if the voicing or characteristics were a lot different from the regular Stilettos?

Thanks!

the roadster is kinda ugly comparing to the road king ? i just dont like that gap from the panel to the speaker grille

Back