NAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogridr

Reaction score
Got it yesterday actually, but I was to busy playing it to post. I have test drove this amp 50 times, probably 30 after I ordered it. No buyers remorse here. I love this amp. Sounds great with my Port City 2x12 with 2 very broken in C90's.

ED1.jpg

ED2.jpg

SWEET!

Well, I guess there is no doubt about the ED being the same size as the Lonestar

Lookin' good hogridr !

It must sound awesome thru the PC cab. Got any clips ?

When you get a minute, I would greatly appreciate your opinions on the differences (pros/cons) with the ED and LS.

I have a 2 X 12 ED cabinet on order to use with my 2 X 12 ED combo. I want to eventually buy a head to pair with the cab. These 2 amps are at the top of my list. I love the ED. The best amp I've ever owned, but I do want to cosider the LS as well.

My plans are to put EL34's in the head once I get one. This should give me quite a bit of deviation.

My combo has C90's and the cab supposedly contains V30's. This should be interestin as well. Thanks.

Well with some tweaking of the knobs, and the same cabinet, the clean channels sound all but identical, the bass stays just a touch tighter on the ED. (IMHO) The other channels it is all about setup. I think the ED does a way better rhythm/grind. The vintage lo/hi on the ED is the where it's at, love those channels. Channel 2 on the LSC can do that singing lead tone, and is amazing for crying leads and slide, the ED for rhythm and screaming leads. The LSC has not been in the house a long time either so I am still getting acquainted with both. Depending on the size venue I am at it will be stereo or mono. In the clean areas I have options/redundancy but with the settings adjusted and one with reverb and one without, the LSC going into an open 2x12 with Tone Tubby's (H-bomb) and the ED going into the closed port city with C90's I get a sweet stereo sound. I am am still wiring it all up but I am using a RJM RG-16 to do amp/channel switching. I could not give up some of my old pedals so I am using the RJM and a GCX for the pedals and the G-Major 2, all controlled by a Ground Control Pro. Some of my pedals have been with me for 15+ years and I wanted to get them off the floor, I had stopped taking some of them out and I was using clones, but it's just not the same. I am still thinking about putting EL34's in the ED, but it sounds so good now, plus I only have to carry one set of spare tubes if they are both 6l6.

wicked1 said:
That is a mighty sweet setup. What style music do you play?

Covers are Southern Rock, Classic Rock, New Country. Originals fall into the Southern Rock/New Country sound

Latest posts

Back