NAD: Tremoverb Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to try a tremoverb myself for months and a combo popped up on Craig's list for $900 yesterday, so I pounced on it. I already have a Road King II and and multiwatt dual rectifier. I've been figuring that it I could find a good deal on a tremoverb it would give me a chance to see how my current gear compared to it and possibly let one of the other amps go if it was better. Worst case, I could turn around and sell it back to someone else if it didn't hold up to the hype.

First impressions: woah. Okay, there's definitely something to this beast. Not sure how it will ultimately compare to the Recto Reborn but it absolutely has an edge and a brightness to the modern mode that is definitely exciting.

I'm going to take it into the studio tomorrow and see if I can get it dialed in and do some comparisons clips.

I sat down with the Tremoverb today and got a little quality time with it.

So far, it sounds pretty boomy when I run it through my Rectifier cabinet. I cut the bass way back and it's a little better, but right now I'm feeling like the Recto Reborn has about as bright a tone and a tighter bottom end.

Blues mode is great, but so far I'm feeling like I'm getting pretty good coverage of that between Tweed mode on the Road King and Raw mode on either the Road King or the Recto Reborn.

I've put together a short playlist >>>here<<< if anyone is interested in comparing these. Both the rhythm parts were run through a Rectifier cabinet and recorded with two Shure SM57s microphones. I've included a few other amps for fun as well.

Back