NAD, The one that got away

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destropiate

Reaction score

After years of buying selling and trading amps I really feel like I found the one I like the best. This is the only time I have come full circle and gotten the same amp twice. I used to have a Redstripe Mark III years ago, loved it but it was in the rackmount format so I flipped it for a 6505 and then went through a vintage amp phase which saw some 70's Ampegs and Traynors come and go. I always loved the sound that came out of that Mesa though so when I saw this on Kijiji I had to grab it. It is a loaded Redstripe with simul-class, eq and reverb. Couldn't be happier.

Welcome in the redstripe corner :). We're not far away from being grudged completely by the entire world very soon........................and, of course, the IIC+ owners too................... :lol:

Thanks! I've been really loving this amp. I always loved the high gain but I'm realizing now how great the cleans are too. Love how I can really fatten it up with the eq.

One more experience "951" after so many years:

Last sunday my last guitar player from the last setup had been for a visit at home and I let him compare my both LPs and both reds with all varyations and after a while playing tears ran down his cheeks, especially when using the clean-sounds. But there is to say that he's an extraordinary player.
What a pity that I can't give you a sound-demo.........
In the the first III there are all original MESA tubes EL34s and 6L6s/Mesa preamps.(spax in V1)
In the second there are TADs preamps and AEGs (all 6L6) on power-setion.
Using the EQs aditionally makes one scary..........

Latest posts

Back