NAD: Mesa Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwirk

Reaction score
Picked up a minty Mark IV combo on Craigslist last night.

378045_2559859766452_1552779176_2650921_775175280_n.jpg

Yes, I said mint. The thing still has the assembly tag on it from '99. Hah.

For anyone who's curious, here's how it sounds against my III:
http://soundcloud.com/axiong427/markiviii

The IV being first. Voiced super bright, I noticed. The settings were pretty similar. I had the highs pretty low on the IV even, along with the presence knob at 0.

Great Score Kwirk:
I too am looking for a Mark IV although I still love my III.
Got any writeable impressions of the differences yet?

Yeah, I like it a lot more than my III. It's so much more responsive to my playing than my III is. It feels great to play through. Lead channel is a lot smoother than my III also. Sounds like butter. I like that they added more gain to the second channel. The controls on the amp are a lot more responsive than the III also. The basic sound is the same though, but IMO, that goes with all of the Mark series from the IIC+ to the V.

I've had a III green and IV combo and thought that the III green was more brutal and raw. I thought that both amps shine in lead mode/channel for metal rhythms but the leads are nasally (similar to LOG). Perhaps it has to do with how you EQ but I tweaked the hell out of the IV and finally sold it.

I don't have time to tweak, need to play. Enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

I am following in your path. My not so mint M IV arriving Friday. Was your an A or a B or do you care?

Mine's a B with an attached power cord. I don't know what that signifies. I thought it meant it was an early B, but mine was apparently made in '99 and I'm assuming early Bs are from around '93?

Here's a family shot:

378575_2562689197186_1552779176_2652002_236344425_n.jpg

Back