NAD: Mesa Boogie Mark IV content (Not 56k happy)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear-Monkey

Reaction score
Looky what came in the mail today :)
(thanks ampliFIRE!!! )

http://www.gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php?topic=354.msg1901;topicseen#msg1901
(warning, not 56k happy)

MKIV are the secks :D

How does the B version sound compared to the A version?[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5987

The differences between the two are not enough to sway me towards one or the other if I were to buy another MKIV. They both sound awesome.

And thanks Shep for the above mentioned topic that illustrates the differences between the revisions.

I tend to like the A version for a couple practical reasons. The A does not share V3 and V4 for the lead circuit and reverb circuit as does the B. For this reason I can experiment with different 12AX7's for my lead sound without also affecting the reverb sound. Different tubes in the V3 spot can make very noticable differences as most of us know. Just me but I kinda prefer a more old school C+ lead feel. Secondly I prefer the FX loops of the A as I've never (again just me) had the need to run stereo rigs. And of course the attached AC cord and the best part the rear panel AC outlet (for plugging in my pedal board snake). I know I know; and for some reason (I really don't understand ) I like tolex and metal corners. They match my 80's cabs.

ok, this is probably a newb question, but what is up with the power cord and the outlet/socket on the back of the amp?

My mark IV has a detachable power cable, and there isnt an outlet like that....

bryan_kilco said:
ok, this is probably a newb question, but what is up with the power cord and the outlet/socket on the back of the amp?

My mark IV has a detachable power cable, and there isnt an outlet like that....

Yours is a B revision with a detachable power cord. The A revision had a hardwired power cord and an outlet on the rear panel to power whatever you need.

The early B's also had attached power cord and outlet as well as tolex and metal corners. They also had a heavier steel chassis without the dreaded "anti-vibration screw".

anyone else get a kick out of what the guy posted next on that board!!??

"woah!!!! metal dude, Lamb of god only uses these amps, you need to make some majorly metal videos"
GEAR
- Epiphone Les Paul Custom
- Peavey Tracer
- Fender Fm212
- Line 6 UBER metal
- MXR Phase 90
- Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
- Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
- Boss DD-3
- Boss BF-2

HAHAHAHA!

Also be sure to remember that "there" not stock. Why the hell can't people spell anymore? It makes me sick. I haven't heard of too many mods being done to IVs either. I love it.

devilrob1979 said:
Also be sure to remember that "there" not stock. Why the hell can't people spell anymore? It makes me sick. I haven't heard of too many mods being done to IVs either. I love it.

Are you the same devilrob that was banned from the Carvin forum??
http://forums.carvinmuseum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=727&sid=1d3a2e59dc61f86de0188e93b74fb438

This Mark IV is loaded with 6L6GC and I really like them. I've had a couple other MKIV heads (long and short) and one combo. I didn't like the combo, perhaps because of the speaker. The other 1991 Long head I had was all wood finish (nice amp) Pics----> http://www.gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.0

That one seemed to have less aggressive attack. The leads seemed more wet. Perhaps it was the tubes.

Did they change anything internally between these two amps? I can't imagine the tubes making that big of difference. I think the wood finish head was loaded with Tung Sol preamps and Winged C 6L6 powertubes.

(or maybe I just don't remember like I should)

All three heads are amazing though :)

Latest posts

Back