NAD! Mark IV - can anyone tell me a little about it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UglyBunny

Reaction score
Got this bad boy off Craigslist for about $1k - super thrilled with the tone and features (I went in with high expectations too, as an owner of a Mark V) Basically, I'm wondering if anyone can date it for me: the S/N is "IV0215." Thanks guys!

IMG_0270_zps76746ad0.jpg

IMG_0271_zps8eceb1e3.jpg

IMG_0272_zpsc1bc7871.jpg

IMG_0273_zps355be7c5.jpg

IMG_0274_zps3225d11d.jpg

IMG_0277_zps39a3feb3.jpg

IMG_0276_zps5e0b4cfb.jpg

IMG_0275_zps20555a13.jpg

IMG_0278_zpse67a5a88.jpg

IMG_0279_zps362fd792.jpg

Here's a picture of my Mark IX :)
IMG_0280_zps7b6ffd31.jpg

Definitely and early one. The effects loop is different than my 96' which has a serial # in the 9000s

I emailed Boogie with my serial #'s and they dated them for me.

Oh! Sweet. I guess I'll do that. I've heard good things about their customer service. Thanks!

So yea, I emailed them and they got back to me in a couple hours, confirming that mine was the 215th one ever made :)

Like jediguitrist said, it is one of the earlier 'A' series. It still has the ground switch in the back, and it still has the 'harmonics/mid' and 'eq' rocker switches in the back. Those two switches were moved to the front panel for the 'B' series.

And, I've emailed Mesa multiple times asking about the history of the Mesas I own. They are always good about responding.

Definite congrats on joining the Mark IV 'owners club'. If you like yours half as much as I like mine you will be in for a treat.

Yea dude, I'm LOVING it. I love my Mark V too, but this amp is definitely special. It's a little less polished than the V sonically and there's something attractive about that. Both are tremendous amps, in any case. Just gotta find more bands to play with so I can use the amps more! With this and my Majesty 7-string, I shall be unstoppable!!! lol

bgh said:
Like jediguitrist said, it is one of the earlier 'A' series. It still has the ground switch in the back, and it still has the 'harmonics/mid' and 'eq' rocker switches in the back. Those two switches were moved to the front panel for the 'B' series.

Actually, only 'medium chassis' heads and combos have the rocker switches on the front, regardless of the revision. All 'short heads' have the rocker switches on the back.

So a few weeks after I got this amp, another one popped up on Craigslist. It was pristine, a "B" model, and for only ...wait for it... $350 bucks!!!

Of course, it turned out to be scam! It was the old 'bait-n-switch' - dude was like, "Ooh sorry, someone JUST bought it before you, but if you go to such-and-such a website you can get a great deal like I did!"

Jerk.

Haha I knew the price was too good to be true since these are usually AT LEAST a grand even with a motivated seller.

fretout said:
bgh said:

Actually, only 'medium chassis' heads and combos have the rocker switches on the front, regardless of the revision. All 'short heads' have the rocker switches on the back.
Hey, thanks for the correction. I had always thought that was how you could tell an "A" series combo from a "B" series combo.

My apologies for my incorrect post.

Latest posts

Back