NAD and NCD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
I finally got the matching cab in for my 1/4 stack.
Aint she purdy? 8)

IMG_20141201_180158_951.jpg

The 2x12 Vertical Recto cab is a winner. Extremely tight and focused but with enough low end to have a very balanced overall tone with this amp. I couldn't be happier with this setup.

Congrats!!! Killer setup you have there. That's the setup I want. Amp is on the way. Have to work out getting a cab after I try it with a couple combinations of 2 1x12s that I have. That's the cab I really want though, for the V25 and the Mini Rec.

Wow this cab is tight!
I'm not sure how much is due to the speakers not being broken in yet but this cab is razor sharp and can stop on a dime and give you 9 cents back. With my Roadster through a 4x12 I could get away with murder behind the wall of bass and growl. My playing will definitely improve now that every nuance of my technique is hanging out in the breeze.
My buddy is bringing over a couple of his cabs this weekend to try out with the MM. Should be able to hear a Recto 4x12, Boogafunk 1x12, and a Marshall 2x12 horizontal. (1936 or something?)
Can't wait to see how my cab stacks up.

Looks great! I have the same cab, but broken in. It is really sweet with the MV25. Not much softer, though. You will definitely have to watch your Ps and Qs.

I have the same cab but with the Mark V. Yes it broadcasts every little thing, even the not so precisely hit notes. Practice, practice practice. You get no free pass on slop with a Mark. I can tell you with my Mark V running the channel volume as low as possible and running the master high (12 O'Clock or more) for me it feels and sounds not so harsh and sharp. Harmonics and chime comes through more and overdrive sustain comes easier.

**UPDATE**

Honeymoon is still in full swing. Every time I plug into this rig I end up finding new tricks and tones. I just can't get over how I can get this roaring high gain sound and feel at volumes that would leave my old Roadster in the neutered "Can 'O Bees" zone.

Clean, Crunch, and IIC+ are my favorites so far. Fat is great too but not a sound that I really need for what I play I guess. Mark IV is a bit mushy for me as well. It is what I'd use for a lead mode if I could footswitch between it and C+. Extreme, er.....Xtreme mode is still pretty mysterious to me as far as where it fits. It's quite a bit louder than the other two modes and may be slightly tighter than C+ but it lacks something in the mid range that makes it feel and sound a little less alive. It would be a handy mode if I were playing with a loud band and needed the extra volume though.

I am seriously contemplating buying another identical setup so I can have clean, crunch, IIC+, and Mark IV modes at the press of a footswitch button. I'd run them in a GCX switcher and set it up for stereo too.
Can you imagine how cool a custom road case would look with a 4-6 space rack and a space for two Mini Marks side by side? 8)

Anyhoo.......all good things. :D

ryjan said:
I am seriously contemplating buying another identical setup so I can have clean, crunch, IIC+, and Mark IV modes at the press of a footswitch button. I'd run them in a GCX switcher and set it up for stereo too.
Can you imagine how cool a custom road case would look with a 4-6 space rack and a space for two Mini Marks side by side? 8)

Into a stereo RK cab...

But the dual 2x12's may be neat too. I really really love the look of the metal grill 2x12.

Too sweet...that looks like a perfect scale match! I've been floating around craigslist looking for a vertical 2x12, but it looks like not too many of them float around the used market. No big deal, as I have the patience :).

Latest posts

Back