n00b IV question - Does your fan seem to run faster in...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have a fan????

:?

unless ive never noticed before i dont think there is a fan visible in my Roadie. Where abouts is this fan you speak of?

Gaz

I'll have to check it out and let you know. I never noticed.

I would think it does since it's using more power, gonna get hotter, so the fan has to keep up :)

I'm thinking about getting a couple of those rackmount fans for my stuff...when I get a rack :D

Being that the fan plugs into an ac outlet on the amp unless the outlet is wired to boost power some I don't see how the amp would be able to tell the fan anything.

I only had a brief look around when I first got the head, and when I changed tubes today. (=SED= 6L6s). I thought I saw it. I can definitely hear it though.

I actually prefer tweed mode, but I was just wondering about the speed.

Ok, so I just plugged my amp in and cycled it back and forth between tweed and full power several times to be certain that I could tell and it definitely turns faster in full than in tweed.

GazPots,

In a Mark IV it is tucked under the chassis towards the front in a head and down in the bottom on the right side above the reverb tank yet behind the speaker in a combo.

Random Hero,

Thanks for having me do that. I just learned something about my Mark IV that I would have never noticed. Now it is just a matter of not letting it bother me when in full power.

the fan runs 115 V and when you make it full power the the fan would be getting 115v and moving it's full speed...when you hit tweed the fan will only be getting around 105v or so ...So that means the fan wouldn't go as fast...

you will also notice that the Led's are slightly dimmer on tweed..

As I thought. Just checking. Seems to be the same deal as Bold/Spongy on the Rectos with the LEDs. They all dim when switch it to spongy. Same with the IV (I just double checked).

The fan does seem noticeably louder in Full Power to Tweed though. Even more so now i've flicked between the two a little lol.

JOEY B. said:
I don't know for sure, but what if the fan AC receptacle has reduced voltage like the internal voltages in the "tweed" mode????

I'm fairly certain that the answer is yes.
As in, yes the AC receptacle has reduced voltage in tweed mode. I believe I noticed a dimming of some lights on gear I had plugged in a while back and since then I go straight to the power strip.

Russ said:
GazPots,

In a Mark IV it is tucked under the chassis towards the front in a head and down in the bottom on the right side above the reverb tank yet behind the speaker in a combo.

Ah i see where i read it wrong before.

Thanks for the clarity. :D

Gaz

Back