my Tremoverb wouldn't work last night!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody777

Reaction score
I tested everything - tubes, footswitches, cables, the instrument cables, my pedals, footswitches, the cabs, different guitars...

It was the freakin' speaker cable! That was an hour of band practice down the crapper...

:)

I had extra speaker cables... the hard part is trying to figure out what in your signal chain is causing the problem! That was the last thing I thought of.

RR said:
moral to your post.

Back up speaker cables.

.... and check the "there's no way it could be something simple/stupid like this.." stuff first..

doesn't it always happen that way?...... like looking all over for your **** keys and they're in your pocket...... I hate when that happens.. :roll:

If your bandmates are anything like mine I'm sure they made it easy for you.... I would have heard friendly terms like "Einstein" and "nice one Yngwie"... :p .. stuff like that... :lol: They're gems my bandmates....... Merciless gems..... :)

True story..... About 9-10 months ago, we set up for a show and it was one of the last times I used my T-verb head. I had everything set up and turned on my amp and NO sound?!?! I checked all my instrument cables, checked all my pedals, bypassed all my pedals, tried a different guitar, changed preamp tubes in my head (one at a time).. After about 2 hours of trying to figure out why my amp didn't work I gave up..... By then it was 5 minutes until we went on so I went out to my car and got my backup rig, a Vox Tonelab SE, and got it up and running in time to start the show at 9pm.......Well, when we were done at the end of the night and began packing up, I started unplugging everything from my T-verb head and it was at that point and time I realized I FORGOT to run the speaker cable from my head to my cab!!!! :x :x

I got humbled quickly!!! :wink:

Buy a cable tester. It has made life so much simpler when it came to testing bad cables/making your own cables. I use Planet Waves cables, too, so whenever a cable goes bad (usually the head is loose), I just take it off, snip off a 1/4" of cable, and put it back on. I use their cable tester/cutter as well. Good stuff.

tele_jas said:
True story..... About 9-10 months ago, we set up for a show and it was one of the last times I used my T-verb head. I had everything set up and turned on my amp and NO sound?!?! I checked all my instrument cables, checked all my pedals, bypassed all my pedals, tried a different guitar, changed preamp tubes in my head (one at a time).. After about 2 hours of trying to figure out why my amp didn't work I gave up..... By then it was 5 minutes until we went on so I went out to my car and got my backup rig, a Vox Tonelab SE, and got it up and running in time to start the show at 9pm.......Well, when we were done at the end of the night and began packing up, I started unplugging everything from my T-verb head and it was at that point and time I realized I FORGOT to run the speaker cable from my head to my cab!!!! :x :x

I got humbled quickly!!! :wink:

I did that at a gig once... I was getting no sound from my Mark IV... after about 5 minutes (I had no backup amp at the time) the sound guy comes back with a flashlight and right away goes, "no speaker cable." I felt like such a tool! I think the sound guy wanted to make me feel better because he said people do that all the time.

RR said:
moral to your post.

Back up speaker cables.
I did not mean to take it you are an idiot, 'cause we are all idiots one time or another. I don't know how many times I'm repairing a guitar and notice its not working realizing either its not plugged in or the volume is on zero etc ... :oops:

Back