My quick play-through video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmitty

Reaction score
Hey folks, Got the amp last week and finally getting it dialed in the way I like. Decided to put this video together tonight...

https://youtu.be/axQdiMGA_XE

Cool video! And some nice tones 8) What pickups are in your guitar? They sound nice and bright and crisp.

MrSmitty said:
Hey folks, Got the amp last week and finally getting it dialed in the way I like. Decided to put this video together tonight...

https://youtu.be/axQdiMGA_XE

Nice! What kind of delay did you use?

Thanks guys! I appreciate that.

Samuel: Pick ups are Crunch Lab & Liqifire 7.

Daniel: Delay is BOSS DD-7

Thanks for the comparison video. It was genuinely interesting.

To my ears, the best sounding amps here were the III+ and the JP-2C. I actually preferred the slightly edgier and more alive-sounding III+ but it's a close call anyway.

The V sounded better than I expected although the relatively bright character of its IIc+ mode does come through. But it does also have a kind of bite/edge that most other amps here don't, at least to a similar degree. All in all, it's not far behind the III+ or the JP-2C even though I preferred those two. (Now it might have been even more interesting if the V had been set to the IV or Extreme mode... :twisted:)

The only amp that I didn't like (in this comparison) was the Mini. Too harsh in a somewhat unmusical way, not enough thickness of sound - again, relatively speaking, compared to the other amps here.

Very interesting. Although I just listened on my phone's speaker, there was only the most barely audible difference between them. Actually, I thought the differences were just how much gain there was. Perhaps the JP2C and the III+ were slightly 'girthier' - although you might need to double check that with a bat or an owl.

The main thing I took from that was just how good / similar the 25 sounded - good value in that amp!

Thanks for a great demo!

Also, thanks for actually picking the strings on the clean tones, as opposed to just having the plectrum caress them. One of my pet hates in amp demos is gently gentle softly softs when clean - I hardly ever play like that. Nice to hear confident, well-defined cleans chords :)

LesPaul70 said:
Thanks for the comparison video. It was genuinely interesting.

To my ears, the best sounding amps here were the III+ and the JP-2C. I actually preferred the slightly edgier and more alive-sounding III+ but it's a close call anyway.

The V sounded better than I expected although the relatively bright character of its IIc+ mode does come through. But it does also have a kind of bite/edge that most other amps here don't, at least to a similar degree. All in all, it's not far behind the III+ or the JP-2C even though I preferred those two. (Now it might have been even more interesting if the V had been set to the IV or Extreme mode... :twisted:)

The only amp that I didn't like (in this comparison) was the Mini. Too harsh in a somewhat unmusical way, not enough thickness of sound - again, relatively speaking, compared to the other amps here.

Yes I agree, the III+ and JP are very, very close. Prior to making the video, I actually spent about an hour trying to dial in the JP (Chnl 2) to as close as possible to the III+ lead channel. I really love the III+ lead channel. When at gig volume, it just sings beautifully. However as we all know, trying to get the other two channels to sound good at the same time is tough. Anyway, that's why I bought the JP. So I can get great clean, rhythm and lead channels all in one.

The V does sound surprisingly well against the others. But, I have to max out the 80Hz slider just to get it close to the amount of bass the others have. I think the bite/edge and faster attack are due to the smaller capacitor based off the non-GEQ IIc+.

Yeah, the 25 was a little lacking in the comparison. It does sound great though when you get the volume up to around up. :)

nitefly said:
Very interesting. Although I just listened on my phone's speaker, there was only the most barely audible difference between them. Actually, I thought the differences were just how much gain there was. Perhaps the JP2C and the III+ were slightly 'girthier' - although you might need to double check that with a bat or an owl.

The main thing I took from that was just how good / similar the 25 sounded - good value in that amp!

If you get a chance, listen on computer speakers or head phones. You can probably pick up the small nuances of each amp. The Mk V has the brighter/quicker response, the III+ and JP have a richer/raw tone with the "C+ sag". And the Mk 25 does a good job of hanging with the big brothers. I actually enjoy using the 25 for smaller gigs and practicing at home. It's just the issue of headroom for some gigs. Thanks for checking out the video!

r33per said:
Thanks for a great demo!

Also, thanks for actually picking the strings on the clean tones, as opposed to just having the plectrum caress them. One of my pet hates in amp demos is gently gentle softly softs when clean - I hardly ever play like that. Nice to hear confident, well-defined cleans chords :)

Thanks for the comments. I realized afterwards that the clean channel was a little too hot and was clipping slightly. Well, either way it gets the point across.

Great vids, thanks.

Now that I have a JP2C, honestly the only amp I miss out of all the ones I've played & owned is my Mark III. Might have to pick up another one.

Latest posts

Back