My opinion of my first mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
Ok so i just got my Mesa Boogie Road King series 2 and straight out the box it looked better than i could have imagine which only makes me get more excited knowing what my other custom rk head will look like. It looks better than most amps i see in quality. But its bigger than what i expected but i don't care... because it freaken PERFECT! the tone of this amp is the best that i have played on. It sounds great with all my guitars but i really love the tone with the Road king and the Paul Reed Smith Modern eagle! I was shocked to hear it with basic eq'ing because i was too excited to fully tweak it. :D . I play all styles of music but i mostly play trash, speed, death, nu, metalcore, METAL. And this amp just has TONE TONE TONE! i hear some metal players who don't care too much about their tone(dean, jackson with krank and peavey amps= crappy tone) and as you can see I am part of small percent of metal players to use a PRS guitar. In my opinion the clean is great, the hi gain is great, the whole entire amp is GREAT! Mesa boogie is the best and will always be the best :twisted: [/i]

Elpelotero said:
A modern eagle to play metal?! Do tell! Any clips?

listen to Opeth.... most of their new record was a Modern Eagle and a Custom 24. hell i get great metal tones with my McCarty and i would say those pickups are just the middle of the road in terms of output.

yes the modern eagle does have a great metal tone. But i would say its really great for slower speed stuff like hard rock and heavy metal. But i don't use it for trash, I use my custom 24 with bare knuckle pickups for faster stuff. I found that the modern eagle has a great lead and rhythm tone and is suited for all styles i play. Plus i don't like to play speed and trash on the modern eagle because its to rough on the guitar, i much more prefer slow. But the Modern eagle has a heavier sound to it(which i love). But i highly recommend bare knuckle pickups over any other... great tone, but the only down side is that they are from the uk so they're expensive!

Sounds like a great combination to me! I played a ME once and I fell in love, but my wallet started to get scared so I had to put it down. That neck is just unbelievable.

Elpelotero said:
Sounds like a great combination to me! I played a ME once and I fell in love, but my wallet started to get scared so I had to put it down. That neck is just unbelievable.

ah yes the brazlian rosewood (well IRW now) necks. not only do they look great but the resonance they ad to the guitar is unmatched.

some might find the fact that i had to get more than 2 weird. I just absolutely love the modern eagles. Yes i've played other guitars out there and that's the "one" for me :D , I'm not sure how i will feel about the "ME2" because i like the satin finish more than the high gloss,bthe bridge material, or the black rosewood neck, But i might like the pickups :wink: . The only problem is that the only way to obtain the pickups is to get the guitar and 3 ME are enough and a 4th is too much :? , dude i love the combination of the two :twisted:

chriz_batman said:
some might find the fact that i had to get more than 2 weird. I just absolutely love the modern eagles. Yes i've played other guitars out there and that's the "one" for me :D , I'm not sure how i will feel about the "ME2" because i like the satin finish more than the high gloss,bthe bridge material, or the black rosewood neck, But i might like the pickups :wink: . The only problem is that the only way to obtain the pickups is to get the guitar and 3 ME are enough and a 4th is too much :? , dude i love the combination of the two :twisted:

some folks on the prs board are saying the me2 is even better, if you can imagine that. they all unanimously agree the 5708 pickups are one of their best ever.

Latest posts

Back