My new Single Recto Series II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rholap

Reaction score
I scored this a few weeks ago, brand new still in box, played 3 times for a total of 1 hour on the tubes, originally purchased in 2001 and I am the new second owner...

Even the dust on it was clean :lol:

mesa01.jpg

mesa02.jpg

mesa03.jpg

ibanez4life SZ! said:
How can it be a series II? Didn't they just come out this year?

I don't think so... it has the bias switch on the back so I'm pretty sure it's a II. Maybe another seasoned recto owner can chime in :)

Way to go man! When I found one that looked that good I paid $850. You got a heck of a deal.

Yours is definitely a Series 2. They have been making them for a few years now (at least for the Single Rec).

The signs of a Series 2 are:
Chrome knobs for Solo and Output (Series 1 had black)
Footswitch plugs into the back (Series 1 had a quarter inch jack on the front next to the input)
Channel 2 has 3 voicings Raw, Vintage, Modern (Series 1 did not have Raw)
Bias switch in the back to go from 6L6 to EL34.

Have Fun With It!

RyanDM said:
Way to go man! When I found one that looked that good I paid $850. You got a heck of a deal.

Yours is definitely a Series 2. They have been making them for a few years now (at least for the Single Rec).

The signs of a Series 2 are:
Chrome knobs for Solo and Output (Series 1 had black)
Footswitch plugs into the back (Series 1 had a quarter inch jack on the front next to the input)
Channel 2 has 3 voicings Raw, Vintage, Modern (Series 1 did not have Raw)
Bias switch in the back to go from 6L6 to EL34.

Have Fun With It!

I will.. and have been, thx!

Have you tried EL34s?

Micah said:
rholap said:
ibanez4life SZ! said:
Not too nowledgable on the single rectos...might be my fault :D

Still, nice buy!

Thanks.. and for $650 it was a great buy :)

Gees!! 650 huh? Unbelievable!

I thought so... needless to say I was surprised no one jumped on it before I did. When I got the email saying it was still available I almost ran to the guys house 25 miles away :lol:

Have you tried EL34s?

I sure have. Spent the past 2 weeks playing with EL34s. Figured I'd do a separate post on it. Check it out.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7425

RyanDM said:

Have you tried EL34s?

I sure have. Spent the past 2 weeks playing with EL34s. Figured I'd do a separate post on it. Check it out.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7425

thx.. JJ EL34L's are on the way. should help with the over the top bass I get with my oversized recto cab.

Latest posts

Back