My new MKiii. Which revision is this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jofipe

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just got this one the other day. It's an export amp, without any stripe. The serial is in the 244xx. Would this be a red or blue stripe revision?

Thanks!

IMG_0076_zps8b416cfd.jpg

IMG_0074_zpsac5784b5.jpg

IMG_0072_zps1e66ba53.jpg

IMG_0068_zps8541d7ea.jpg

IMG_0070_zps4a11abfe.jpg

Based on the date (1989) and the fact that it is simul-class, I would have to guess it is a green stripe. Could also be blue stripe. I recommend to check with Mesa Boogie, as they should be able to tell you for sure.

(The difference between blue stripe and green stripe is the triode vs. pentode wiring. I am pretty sure there is a thread on the Boogie board that will tell you how to distinguish this by looking at the wiring of the tube sockets....)

Good luck!

Thanks cho. Yeah it's either blue or green i guess then. Does anyone have a blue stripe of higher numbers?

Also.. I wanna give it a full cap job. whats the best brand to use? F&T's?

My Green are 27 1xx 1991 and my Red is 21 1xx so 24 xxx is probably an old Blue or a Young Green :lol: , and you got the Red "R" so you have the Reverb Mod !

It is cool and vintage dude!

Yeah, either blue or green is established :) I guess i better call Mesa about this.

Gonna get them filter caps changed now tho.

Latest posts

Back