My new mark III came with broken tubes!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinK

Reaction score
So after getting a killer deal on a red stripe long head with foot switches and road case i was very specific on how to ship the amp. The seller of course told me dont wory as it is in a flight case. i thought all was good until i opened the box only to see the flight case. First i wondered where the pedals were until i took the amp out only to find that she shipped the pedals in the back of the amp along side the tubes! :evil: The power tubes got dominated and now i have to try a get at least 85 out of her to replace them.

Whant are some of your guys favorite tubes for mark IIIs.
Its simul class and i play 80s metal.
Thanks

6l6 winged c's everybody likes
el34s i use svetlana cuz they're very midrange rich and go well with the 6l6's but people also love winged c's

tung sol in v1
chinese in v2 to give r2 more gain
jj in v3 to darken it up a little
v 4 is reverb so whatever
v5 PI some 12at7 to smooth it a little. buy from doug's tubes.

hope this helps.

JJ's are great tubes no doubt about that.

For 6L6's though I prefer the Winged C's (real Svetlana).

I would suggest the Winged C 6L6 and the JJ KT77 for the EL34's. To me that would be a supreme combination even over NOS Tubes.

Dont get me wrong I like the JJ 6L6's as well. My favorite JJ tubes are the KT77's, KT88's, 6V6's, and ECC803's.

None of that New Sensor / Sovtek Crap in my Amps.

Agree on the Svets Winged-C for the 6L6s. Also love the Mesa 450 which are NOS Siemens EL34s ...lovely tone clean, and harmonically rich overdriven.

Edward

dodger916 said:
Anyone try the Groove Tube 6CA7s?:

http://www.groovetubes.com/GT-6CA7GE_Duet_P2101.cfm

These are supposed to be a cross between a Eurpoean EL34 and a U.S. 6L6; a brighter, punchier version of the EL34. Before I abandon EL34s altogether, I thought I give them a shot. Anyone try them yet?

I have been using the 6L6 GE and 6CA7 GE in my IVB and 85 C+ for over two years. The 6CA7 is like an EL-34 with much a bigger bottom end. The only problem is that I have not been able to buy new one for years. They stopped production to make the Mullard EL-34 copy.

Back