My New IIC+ Head Gut Shots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
BoogieBabies! I need your assistance! :lol: Let me know what is going on with my newest amp... what do you see! :p Tell me tell me tell me!

This is not the amp circuit that was was used in the ebay photo.
What you have here is a bone stock and untouched IIC+. The only oddity I noticed was the 22K master volume resistor and the placement of the master volume circuit and the DRG # is later than my 8/84 DRG 13. Everything else looks untouched and stock.
Since it is not the same photo, your amp does not have any changed plate load resistors or the .001 bright mod and does not have the .05 oscillation mod. If you look at the ebay photo, you will see 2 replaced blue/white nichicon 47uf 100v bias supply resistors on the power board. Yours has the original Mesa 50uf 75V. It's a virgin. None of the capacitor date codes are the same either. The ebay chassis was all 1984. Yours has all the right parts and transformers.

I would screw down that output transformer though before it fell off. Look in the bottom of the cabinet and see if you can find the screw.

MesieBooga said:
Ser # 1330x

Sneaky!!!!

Mine is 1312X PC 8/84 and DRG 13. It does not have the Master Volume circuit like yours. It looks more similar to my 1362X from 11/84. It seems that we can narrow down the 22K series resistor for the master volume between 1312X and 1330X.

Boogiebabies said:
MesieBooga said:
Ser # 1330x

Mine is 1312X PC 8/84 and DRG 13. It does not have the Master Volume circuit like yours. It looks more similar to my 1362X from 11/84. It seems that we can narrow down the 22K series resistor for the master volume between 1312X and 1330X. His picture looks like one that was pulled put of a head. If it were sitting in front of a combo, you would not see into the cabinet.

In all actuality, it is not even the same serial number that was posted?

What speaker is in that thing?

:lol: I bought ANOTHER amp Boogie! 8) I ran across one for a good price! :D It's a Small Box head with all the trimmings!

MesieBooga said:
It's a different amp than the Ebay one. :D Thanks again! This amp seems cleaner, less gain. Also seems brighter. No Mods?

They all sound different. Remember the tapers for the pots are all over and component variations and tubes are a nightmare as well. I would still tie down that OT.

MesieBooga said:
Boogiebabies said:
MesieBooga said:
Ser # 1330x

Mine is 1312X PC 8/84 and DRG 13. It does not have the Master Volume circuit like yours. It looks more similar to my 1362X from 11/84. It seems that we can narrow down the 22K series resistor for the master volume between 1312X and 1330X. His picture looks like one that was pulled put of a head. If it were sitting in front of a combo, you would not see into the cabinet.

:lol: I bought ANOTHER amp Boogie! 8) I ran across one for a good price! :D It's a Small Box head with all the trimmings!

I hope the wife does not run across you!!! Is this # 4?

What is the date on the chassis?

Boogiebabies said:
MesieBooga said:
It's a different amp than the Ebay one. :D Thanks again! This amp seems cleaner, less gain. Also seems brighter. No Mods?

They all sound different. Remember the tapers for the pots are all over and component variations and tubes are a nightmare as well. I would still tie down that OT.

I need that warm mod done to this one. (can't remember the technical mojo) This amp has a more Marshall clean punch to it. Sounds great!Maybe I should send it to MB.

Boogiebabies said:
MesieBooga said:
Boogiebabies said:

I hope the wife does not run across you!!! Is this # 4?

What is the date on the chassis?
Amps roll in and out faster than my kids here! :lol: The pics show the Chassis Date (8/84).

Boogiebabies said:
$185.00 for a $ 2.00 mod. No way !!! Do you have a soldering iron and a
.001 1KV ceramic disk capacitor?

That amp looks perfect. It just needs a dusting.

I have a friend that could do it.... but maybe a cap job etc. I don't know.... maybe I'll keep it as is. Some prefer it stock like this. Maybe someone wants to trade me. :wink: You have one with the mod right? :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
Try running the 80hz higher before you do the mod.

Seems to get boomy. It does help but the high strings are still to bright for me. (like a Soldano) The Mod seems to make all the strings even across and up and down the fretboard.

All of mine are unmodified. It is the most simple mod in the world and it could be removed just as easy. You need to send me a pic of you V3 and V4 of your 12900 to see if it has the mod and I can show you where it is. The caps look fine, so I would leave them alone. There is no corrosion or bulging and they are all original. I would check the bias caps with a capacitance meter. I have the identical ones in my 8/84 and they are 100% as rated on the cap. I clean with an acid brush/small paint brush, a Q-tip and contact cleaner. I use Caig De-oxit and pro-gold to clean my pots and then follow with Cai-lube to lubricate them. Other than that, I will Q-tip an entire chassis.

Latest posts

Back