My new boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kolin

Reaction score
Hey all, jus bought my first boogie amp today, got a dual rectifier and a rectifier 4x12 cab. Sounded great until I started to swith between channels. when I switch channels i get a loud "pop", first i thought it would be due to a faulty footswitch or something wich I have experienced with marshalls, but I also tried using the knob to switch channels and the same thing happened, my levels were not even turned up high at all. Oh well guess the head will be goin back to the shop tomorrow and I will get a replacement. But enough about that for now. Anyways has anyone got any good settings for godsmack stuff?? cheers!! :D

You might try this.... While the amp is warming up in stand by, switch between all the channels and the solo button and then turn it on and try it again. This discharges all the static in the amp. Try that, and if that doesn't fix it then definately take it back.

Hey, thanx alot, I tried that and it worked a little, I got in contact with the mesa repair guy in my city, and he told me that the pops are normal when the amp is first used and that it goes away after switching it on a couple of times, and it has done exactly what he said, no more problems :D .

For the godsmack sound you were looking for, i havent tried the settings but here is a link to some settings that are supposed to be for a godsmack sound. Hope this helps.
http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-recto-settings.html#

Hey, thanks for the link the setting sounds really good, it was roghly what i was looking for, jus tweaked it a bit and it was spot on. Replying to scotspine, yup finally a proud mesa owner after years of wanting one, I have finally found the ultimate guitar tone. thanks to everyone for their help and posts.

Latest posts

Back