My New Band Is LOUD and this Mark V...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pilgrimx said:
[Oh, and I love folks that break into a thread only to tell others how off the tracks the thread has gotten! :roll: The next time that impulse seizes you, take a minute to look up the word irony.]

How ironic that the meaning of the word irony doesn't apply to my statement...

screamingdaisy said:
screamingdaisy said:

How ironic that I've now been sucked into this stupidity....

I have so far avoided this one AND the one on TGP. :)

screamingdaisy said:
What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah. That the Mark V sounds good when played LOUD.

Yup, here's the first post:

Hendog said:
ROCKS! :mrgreen:

What a great amp at higher volumes in the mix. I have turned it up with my 3 piece but never had the chance to have the output at noon for hours like this before.

The new band is a 5 piece with a LOUD drummer. And my Mark V absolutely swallows up the other guitarist (what i have been told to do as he is really more of a singer than he is guitarist). :lol:

I have no idea why the argument over the off-topic subject was even pursued here. I guess some people are just lookin' for a fight.

Dom

Hendog said:
screamingdaisy said:
This is the second time in 2 days I've seen one of Hendog's threads pulled off topic and degrade into a really stupid argument...

Hahaha, I know!

I have stopped posting on the Gear Page because everything turns into some stupid argument between a bunch of clueless people.

Percentage-wise, there are just as many clueless people on TGP as any other site, it's just that with 70,000+ members, there's a bunch more of 'em showing up to make the rest of us grumpy.

BTW, Hendog, my Recto 2x12 started smoothing out after only a couple hours of beating on it, too. It wasn't completely broken in at that point, but it was a very noticeable difference. I simply opted to keep that to myself because I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. :)

screamingdaisy said:
pilgrimx said:
[Oh, and I love folks that break into a thread only to tell others how off the tracks the thread has gotten! :roll: The next time that impulse seizes you, take a minute to look up the word irony.]

Not sure what you stated, but if you were one of the 10, count them TEN posts that had to do with disgust for this thread and its digression, then it was at least contextually ironic. I'm not sure why people go out of their way to be offended by progressive dialogue (sometimes referred to as an argument) but here we are. Someone asked a legitimate question and received advice that was incorrect. Someone else dared to correct that misinformation with the truth, and someone else confirmed that truth. 10 others tapped in with originally creative bits of wisdom like "Dumbest. Thread. Ever." Let's at least promote creative lashings. Next time try something like"Bunch. Of. Retarded. Endless. Discussion."

The amazing thing about forums is the ability to create new threads. That way you can browse through the list and read topics you are interested in. If I'm in a thread about how the Mark V can keep up with a loud band, then I want to read about how the Mark V can keep up with said loud band. I don't want to be sucked into a testosterone fest about something that is printed in the owner's manual. If you have a question about the Solo feature, start a new thread. It's pretty flippin' easy. Is that better than "Dumbest. Thread. Ever."? 8)

Anywho! While I don't have a Mark V, I have a Mark IV and the volume control on that amp is either LOUD or off. :)

SteveO said:
Hendog said:
screamingdaisy said:
This is the second time in 2 days I've seen one of Hendog's threads pulled off topic and degrade into a really stupid argument...

Hahaha, I know!

I have stopped posting on the Gear Page because everything turns into some stupid argument between a bunch of clueless people.

Percentage-wise, there are just as many clueless people on TGP as any other site, it's just that with 70,000+ members, there's a bunch more of 'em showing up to make the rest of us grumpy.

BTW, Hendog, my Recto 2x12 started smoothing out after only a couple hours of beating on it, too. It wasn't completely broken in at that point, but it was a very noticeable difference. I simply opted to keep that to myself because I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. :)

Yeah, I was quite pleased after that hour of hard pounding (Mark V on almost full with lots of chunky chording).

a) It wasnt new new. I had used that cab for a few jams already.

b) I never said it was completely broken in, just noticably nicer sounding.

Of course rather than defending myself to a bunch of jackasses that were spreading internet hearsay I just bowed out of the thread.

Back