My MK11C+ incl photos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neantir said:
Hey there Dasein. Another Heidegger fan and IIC+ player "being there". ;> I find that the IIC+'s tone is full of authenticity ;>

What kind of music do you play through it, and what settings do you have?

If Heidegger were alive, he'd say "The Mesa Boogie MK 11C+ is the only amp that fuses art and technology in such a way as to preserve the revealing in art and not block the shining-forth and the holding sway of truth."

Actually, he'd probably just ask for some crackers or something in German...

In my life I've played everything through my amp. Blues, Jazz, Fingerstyle, Metal.... My own style is very Jeff Beck meets Michael Hedges. My settings depend on the guitar I use -- very guitar specific. I recently described its tone like this: "The lead channel is amazing, but for cleans --- OMG -- like the voice of God. Clear bell tones that wrap their arms around you and whisper the secrets of the universe in your ear. Some of the best days I spent as a player were with the amp set up in the back yard in the sun, and me sitting out there all alone playing along with the birds."

Funk -- I'm convinced. When I get things settled (a personal situation) I'll be shipping it to boogie. I'd expect shipping is going to cost me upwards of 500 or 600 from Canada return. I'll explore my options and report back, but it will be going to Mike.

Here are some piccies of my Mark IV Hardwood - looks very similar.

MarkIV4.jpg

MarkIV2.jpg

Brian :)

I'm getting some crackling noises, (bad caps?) a very faint distortion (almost like a harmonic echo) and It's picking up a lot of radio.

WRX: that Mk 4 is beautiful. Very stunning package. I always had the impression that the MK 4's featured some serious technology. Must be nice.

CudBucket said:
I see you use the ever popular "U" scoop! :D

Yes -- I take full credit for the "U scoop!" My guitar tech musta let my settings leak because I'm pretty sure a few metal-meisters have scooped my "U scoop" for themselves. If only I had negotiated a point here and there on a few albums. ;)

(The U-scoop and the guitar that pioneered it -- a Fender Lead III with the humbuckers in the bridge position opened up to scream!)

I had a play on my baby today --- I'm in love all over again. Tone... thick enough that I skipped a couple of meals!

Latest posts

Back