My Mark IV suddenly got 50% more power ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sickindian

Reaction score
:shock: yesterday straight after work i came back home and took a shower nothing unusual yet then ive ate my dinner (still borring) :arrow: and then decided to play on my guitar : why not...? i thought.
So i switched my amp on... 30 secs... cable>MMJP6... on! Started to fiddling on the guitar... thinking i need new "bulbs" when suddenly i have noticed that my red diode named "EQ" is dimmed and was actually blinking and all i did was only a single touch and all of the sudden amps power went up 50% it was just loud !and no... i didnt hit from tweak to full power no... i didnt turn any knobs i still have been runing on master volume 2 and about 3 on lead volume can anyone tell me whats the crack?

Could be the voltage coming out of the wall is erratic.

Sickindian said:
:shock: yesterday straight after work i came back home and took a shower nothing unusual yet then ive ate my dinner (still borring) :arrow: and then decided to play on my guitar : why not...? i thought.
So i switched my amp on... 30 secs... cable>MMJP6... on! Started to fiddling on the guitar... thinking i need new "bulbs" when suddenly i have noticed that my red diode named "EQ" is dimmed and was actually blinking and all i did was only a single touch and all of the sudden amps power went up 50% it was just loud !and no... i didnt hit from tweak to full power no... i didnt turn any knobs i still have been runing on master volume 2 and about 3 on lead volume can anyone tell me whats the crack?

It's common accurance that the LED's on a Mark IV will blink, if you push the bulb back in it should stay on. just to be clear, did you push on the bulb itself or are you talking about taking out the EQ on the footswitch?

scottieL said:
It's common accurance that the LED's on a Mark IV will blink, if you push the bulb back in it should stay on. just to be clear, did you push on the bulb itself or are you talking about taking out the EQ on the footswitch?

Ive pushed the small led lamp on the front responsible for showing that eq is on.

And regarding this erratic voltage it maybe the case as i can hear the radio sometimes i think i need to buy furman power stabiliser hope that will solve this issue.

Back