My Mark 4 is about to go out the front door.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianf

Reaction score
Not really but I keep getting popping sounds coming from it. Like an old LP with a scratch in it. Quite loud too.

I have tried different cables, guitars, replaced every tube and it is still doing it. What am I missing here. This is an new amp. (Original owner amp is 2 years old)

Thanks

brianf

brianf said:
Not really but I keep getting popping sounds coming from it. Like an old LP with a scratch in it. Quite loud too.

I have tried different cables, guitars, replaced every tube and it is still doing it. What am I missing here. This is an new amp. (Original owner amp is 2 years old)

Thanks

brianf

Hey Brian, I know this isn't much help but, I was wondering do you work at the 12th fret? I know there are many brians in toronto who play guitar but you never know.

Nick_cor said:
brianf said:

Thanks

brianf

Hey Brian, I know this isn't much help but, I was wondering do you work at the 12th fret? I know there are many brians in toronto who play guitar but you never know.

No, wrong Brian! 12th fret is a nice shop. I buy all my gear at The Guitar Shop in Port Credit.

brianf

Whoaaaaa!!!!

I called Mesa and they suggested things I had already tried. Check tubes 1 by 1, try different cables, try a different guitar.

Wait until the folks at Mesa hear this!!!!!!!

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!

Holy ****. I took the amp down to the basement and plugged it in there. All is perfect WTF.

So I grabbed the little Princeton and took it upstairs, plugged it in and **** if its not doing the same thing.

What the problem is /was', is that there is a set of Christmas lights over the fireplace mantel that flash. The plug I was using in the next room must be on the same circuit.

As soon as I pulled out the lights the amp was perfect. Brought the Mark 4 back upstairs to be sure it was good and all is now back to normal.

brianf

When I was reading through this post I was going to suggest trying a power conditioner. Something to isolate you from anything coming in on the power lines. Glad to hear that you solved your problem and also didn't get rid of a really nice amp.

Just to share I had a weird one happen to me. I was playing and something was coming through my amp that sounded just like a cricket chirping. The chirp ocurred about once a second. What had happened is that I am a cyclist and had come back from a ride, sat around for a while, changed shirts and then picked up the guitar. What I hadn't done is take off my heart rate monitor which is strap that goes around your chest. The monitor was being picked up through the guitar pickups and then on out the amp. It had me concerned until I figured it out. I have thought about wearing the thing to my local GC store just to mess with them a little. Just kidding of course but it could be fun.

gts said:
Blueracer said:
I have thought about wearing the thing to my local GC store just to mess with them a little. Just kidding of course but it could be fun.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Too Funny!

I knew you would relate to this one george.

Latest posts

Back