My JP-2C is on the way!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enjoyed all your post, they helped push me over the edge to finally buy a JP.

Awesome!!

Enjoy. It is a kick-*** amp. SO much beast packed into such a little chassis.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So I am finally selling off all the gear that didn't make the cut and have shelved the amps I will keep. Photo coming soon. I have currently wired everything up like this for maximum useability:

Archon/G System/Vertical Rec 2x12 - my current gigging amp. Works fine at home with the master down. This is the amp that the 2C will have to beat...

Mini Rectifier in bag - backup amp, though I did pull it out recently and it is still a killer amp.

Shared pedalboard for the rest of the amps with gain and mod pedals plus control pedals for the amps. The pedals are a bit of a grab-bag, basically stuff I found in a rack that had been in my garage. OD808, BBPre, EVH mod pedals, that kind of stuff.

JP-2C through its internal CabClone into a Mackie mixer and small monitors/headphones. This works really well. I have a Flashback delay in the loop. I have the speaker out turned off, but I also have the speaker out connected to a stand-alone CabClone just in case, so I never have an open load. I also have the ability to switch it (or any of the amps) to a horizontal recto 2x12. Still need to set up the MIDI control.

Electradyne with a Time Factor in the loop. Speaker out into a Rock Crusher and the horizontal recto 2x12. This amp is by far the lowest gain and sweetest of my amps. Vintage LO, baby!

Shiva 20th KT88 with a Mini Flashback in the loop. Speaker out into a Palmer PDI-03 into my Mackie. This also works very well, but sounds way better into the horizontal 2x12. Bought this as a backup amp for more serious gigs. The 2C will compete for this spot first.

Elvis,
What color tubes came in your amp? I was looking into this yesterday as I was unsure what the color codes meant. Did a search and found this:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4875

If I interpret this correctly:

Reds and Yellows will have more of a late distortion characteristic as the post indicated they will run cold. These will provide more headroom.
Green and Gray are middle of the road character. Much easier to clip
Blue and White: would be early distortion with little headroom

My JP came with Gray color coded tubes. I ordered another set for replacement when needed. May give them a try out in the Roadster first to make sure they are not damaged from shipping. Perhaps it may be in your power tubes that may be in need of change as you thought there was something missing in the gain department.

Latest posts

Back