My full black plate Roadster showed up today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He isn't going to like someone copping his DR's name either.

I just spend too much time here, but I have found it kind of addicting.

Russ said:
He isn't going to like someone copping his DR's name either.

I just spend too much time here, but I have found it kind of addicting.

Noodles the amp looks awsome! I never liked the Tolex on the Roadster.
Anyone a/b a Roadster and a 2ch out of curiosity?

Russ said:
Boogiebabies prefers the Rev C 2 ch to the RoadKing.

**** Russ you did it again. I said Roadster. You've got other amp on the brain today huh??? :D

So by that logic that boogiebabies prefers rev c to the RK can I assume he thinks the RK superior to the other 2ch? I've tried a RK and just can't bring my self to pay the bread for it.

I think my ideal set up is a 2ch and a MK4.

clutch71 said:
**** Russ you did it again. I said Roadster. You've got other amp on the brain today huh??? :D

So by that logic that boogiebabies prefers rev c to the RK can I assume he thinks the RK superior to the other 2ch? I've tried a RK and just can't bring my self to pay the bread for it.

I think my ideal set up is a 2ch and a MK4.

I made that note because the Roadster and the RoadKing are pretty close to each other.

He hasn't said whether he likes the RK over other 2 ch's or not.

I have a Rev G 2 ch and a Mark IV. The 2 ch with 7581's gets close to Mark territory but still sits a little loose. I haven't put an OD in front yet though. I have used EMG's into it.

The Mark cannot get fown low enough to tackle the Rec Zone. It certainly has the gain necessary but it just doesn't have the voicing to get down there. The cleans are way better than the Dual though on the Mark IV.

clutch71 said:
Noodles the amp looks awsome! I never liked the Tolex on the Roadster. Anyone a/b a Roadster and a 2ch out of curiosity?

Give me a little time. Siggy and I are planning on A/B'ing it with my a RK1 and R0005.

Channel 2 absolutely makes the amp. It sounds fucking awesome in Brit mode, total 70s classic rock, Brit punk, and 80s metal.

noodles said:
clutch71 said:
Noodles the amp looks awsome! I never liked the Tolex on the Roadster. Anyone a/b a Roadster and a 2ch out of curiosity?

Give me a little time. Siggy and I are planning on A/B'ing it with my a RK1 and R0005.

Channel 2 absolutely makes the amp. It sounds f%&# awesome in Brit mode, total 70s classic rock, Brit punk, and 80s metal.

Anyway to record that a/b session for the betterment of mankind? I'd love to here the comparison!

That thing looks awesome man! That's what I'd get if I bought a roadster, that looks the best of all of them! Rock on man, Black DP rules

-AJH

**** I played it last night and fell in love with Britt mode, great sounding amp and My RK1 is gonna go up for sale and a roadster is in my future.

noodles said:
clutch71 said:

Channel 2 absolutely makes the amp. It sounds f%&# awesome in Brit mode, total 70s classic rock, Brit punk, and 80s metal.

clutch71 said:
Anyway to record that a/b session for the betterment of mankind? I'd love to here the comparison!

I need to pick up a good M-Audio soundcard first, but I might be able to swing something at some point. Maybe we'll do a little cabinet comparing, too, since I play C90s and Siggy plays V30s.

MesaENGR412 said:
That thing looks awesome man! That's what I'd get if I bought a roadster, that looks the best of all of them! Rock on man, Black DP rules.

I wanted the chrome chassis, so I could make it my homage to the old two channels. Unfortunately, that is only available on the two and three channel heads. My artist rep said the Roadster/RK use a different kind of metal, so it cannot be chromed. :(

Yeah, for the Road Kings and Roadsters they use Aluminum chassis instead of steel to save weight, and the chrome plating won't adhere to it. It's a bummer because both those amps would look killer with the chrome chassis and black dp. But....Black on black looks awesome as well...very menacing :twisted: :twisted:

-AJH

noodles said:
I need to pick up a good M-Audio soundcard first, but I might be able to swing something at some point. Maybe we'll do a little cabinet comparing, too, since I play C90s and Siggy plays V30s.

Great Idea on the cabinet comparison too! Please keep us informed!

Latest posts

Back