My First Mark V Metal Clip!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
Been playing around with the amp tonight and there are tons of cool tones in here. I decided to do a quick clip of the Extreme setting. I have received a ton of requests for Killswitch Engage tunes so I thought I would try This Is Absolution.

Only spent about 10 minutes turning the knobs on the amp for this one. IMO, the Mark V can definitely do metal/heavy music.

What do you think?

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/75-This%20is%20Absolution%20%28rough%29.mp3

not bad at all for rough man! this is one of my favorites off of the new album, i've always thought that killswitch has some of the tastiest metal tones around. you are pretty dang close as far as i can tell for tones but i'm listening on my laptop which doesn't do it justice i'm sure. did you have a backing drum track or what?

Man that sounds pretty good! I got a chance to mess around with a Mark V yesterday at my local Boogie dealer and was impressed, but I think I'll stick with my IV since I don't have an extra 2K laying around :D

gibson5413 said:
Been playing around with the amp tonight and there are tons of cool tones in here. I decided to do a quick clip of the Extreme setting. I have received a ton of requests for Killswitch Engage tunes so I thought I would try This Is Absolution.

Only spent about 10 minutes turning the knobs on the amp for this one. IMO, the Mark V can definitely do metal/heavy music.

What do you think?

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/75-This%20is%20Absolution%20%28rough%29.mp3

From what I've read and understood, the Extreme setting is basically a boost on the presence knob of the Mark IV. Any truth to that?

The drum sounds much better. Sounds like Slate.

MesaGod666 said:
Right on. After listening to a few of your clips. I went out and picked up a Mark V. Definitely sounds good.
I wish i could just go "you know, i kinda want a mark v" and go pick one up.. :lol:

Yup hands down

The almighty IV's younger brother is one kick a$$ amp. And why did we ever doubt ???

Sweet tones man you got your recording skills pretty honed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tone is awesome, Playing is spot on too. Just a few parts out of tune which makes me cringe..

Good job though.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back