My First Mark V Clip!! (Obligatory Dream Theater Cover)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
Let me first say...be gentle! This is the first clip I've recorded since December 08. I haven't played much guitar over the past 6 months with no amp. Definitely some sour notes in there. I decided to cover Only a Matter of Time by Dream Theater.

I decided to record this one with the IIC+. Settings were as follows (no boosts used):

Gain: 3 o'clock
Treble: 12 o'clock
Mids: 9 o'clock
Bass: 8 o'clock
Presence: 10 o'clock
Graphic EQ: slight V

Used my EBMM. I'm not super happy with the mic placement but I will get. I definitely need more time tweaking the amp. I am really happy with the lead tone I dialed in towards the end. So far, I like the amp a lot!!

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/50-OAMOT%20%28rough%29.mp3

dude, this one is very hard for me. the guitar tone is very good. this is one of the first "regular guy" clips of the Mark V I have heard and it sounds great. your skills as a player are equally good......BUT there were major tuning issues with that track. I am going ot assume that the backing track was all pre-recorded and your guitars arent in tune with the track.....but as good as the one was I almost had to quit listening when the "lead" keyboard stuff came in because of how out of tune it sounded with the guitars. I'm not trying to be harsh or an ***.....just offering construcive criticism.

I made the backing track a month ago. I literally tweaked for 10 minutes, plugged in and hit record. I heard it too. It bugs me but I just don't have time to fix it. I just wanted to hurry and get it up for tone reasons. Won't happen again.

Latest posts

Back