My DC-3 sounds incredible!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
:D :D :D Jammed last night with a real drummer, my last drummer was way too quiet, didn't use all of his drums, and couldn't keep a beat.

Got to turn the DC-3 up a bit with my McCarty.

All I can say is, I LOVE MY TONE!!!!!!!!!!

The only mods that have been done to the amp are the lifting of the parrallel resistor across the Output Volume pot, and Cathode Bias with JJ EL-84's.

I have the most incredible sustain and crunch coming out of my tiny little amp. It's great. I've been using a DC-3 off & on for about 4 years, but never really got to really use it until now.

Great combo...Mc Carty is gonna be my next PRS for sure. I am very partial to the P-90 loaded one. I would switch out the bridge P-90 with a Duncan humbucker though.
I have always wondered what the DC-3 heads sound like. Any poetic descriptions/comparisons or sound clips?

I am also very infatuated with one of those 20/20 poweramps. Its loaded with EL84 as well. That unit with a Formula pre is my next Mesa rig.

Monsta-Tone said:
:D :D :D Jammed last night with a real drummer, my last drummer was way too quiet, didn't use all of his drums, and couldn't keep a beat.

Got to turn the DC-3 up a bit with my McCarty.

All I can say is, I LOVE MY TONE!!!!!!!!!!

The only mods that have been done to the amp are the lifting of the parrallel resistor across the Output Volume pot, and Cathode Bias with JJ EL-84's.

I have the most incredible sustain and crunch coming out of my tiny little amp. It's great. I've been using a DC-3 off & on for about 4 years, but never really got to really use it until now.

I know what you are talking about. I was tuning in my Decimator rack unit last night. The Class A 15 watt mode of the MkIIC+ combo played thru its own EV in addition to an EV thiele provides a monster sound in a very compact low wattage package. Halfstacks beware :shock: .

Latest posts

Back