My clean channel on my DR is to quiet!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
So, I've been wrestling with problem for the last couple of weeks. the clean channel is just too quiet on my DR. Especially for live show's. To get the volume I want from it I have to add gain and then it gets distorted as hell. Are all DR like this??
If I keep the gain low enough so the channel is clean then turn the master volume all the way I still don't have enough volume. Any idea's??

Do you have the FX engaged? If so, check your FX Send level as well as the Master output on the front left. These will impact overall volume of the amp. In some settings you can still get insanely loud gain volumes, but not clean volumes.

If you have your loop engaged the clean channel is gonna be quieter than the orange and red channels, especially if you are running them on modern. At least that's the way my triple works.

If this is the case then try turning the output to noon or higher and then backing way down on the orange and red channel masters. This will bring your levels a lot closer. Also try the clean channel on pushed and back down on your guitar's volume. You may also have to adjust the loop send and return controls.

Somebody posted a really good thread here on the "high ouput/low channel master" settings configuration and it contains some really good info on this. I can't remember the thread title though.

OK- I'll try some things out when I get home. I'm not what my setting's are on- on the back.
Thanks guys!

Heres a post I placed on a thread yesterday:

Id like to throw my theory into this discussion and I think it will solve allot of your issues. First, the key to getting a good clean sound is power-amp volume. The squeeze of the power tubes is what gives you the bounce and glassy-ness your looking for as well as girth to compete with the other channels. I know that cranking the output is about an unrealistic thought as you can get but I have a work-around. It has worked well on my Triple recto and I get some great clean sounds. Try putting your overall output @ noon(straight up). Turn your clean channel master output all of the way off and then place your Gain all of the way up-(maxed). Presence is maxed. Now turn your Bass to 11 o'clock(for my PRS Dragon 2's in my SG this works but depending on your circumstance you may need to adjust B-M-T settings). Place your Mids between 8 o'clock and 9 o'clock and your Treble @ 2 o'clock. Now take your channel master and bring it up to your desired overall volume. This should give you a nice sparkle without overdriving the signal too much with great clean sustain, dynamics and compression from the maxed gain. What I have found is that the more Mids you introduce to the signal, the more gain you will see. Control Distortion through your mid-control and add sparkle with the Treble. I find these settings to be ballanced for my instrument. Now take the channel master from your other channels and turn them off as well and then bring them up in order to match the desired level. Hope this helps! :wink:

Got home last night and did have my FX loop on. I switched it to Channel 1 whewre it was "suppose" to be. I don't know how it got moved. I don't mess with that stuff. Anyway, I still wasn't able to fire it up and see but I think Micah has the right idea. No gig this weekend just makking a cover song demo for the bars with my band so I should be able to dial it in,
Thank guys!!
Now...on to search for tubes.. :shock:

DirtyNoise said:
Got home last night and did have my FX loop on. I switched it to Channel 1 whewre it was "suppose" to be. I don't know how it got moved. I don't mess with that stuff. Anyway, I still wasn't able to fire it up and see but I think Micah has the right idea. No gig this weekend just makking a cover song demo for the bars with my band so I should be able to dial it in,
Thank guys!!
Now...on to search for tubes.. :shock:

Let me know how that works for you!

Latest posts

Back