MXR's Carbon Copy Analog Delay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.d.hall

Reaction score
Any thoughts/opinions you'd like to share with a guy looking for a quality delayed ambient lead tone primarily, with the occasional use of doubled/echoed clean lines (Dream Theater's Lifting Shadows off a Dream or Symphony X's Candlelight Fantasia)?

Thanks folks! That's basically all I needed to know. From the website, I can tell that it has everything I want/need from a features perspective, I love the simplistic layout, and that dark green case is sexy! As long as users have found them to be well built, reliable and the tonal quality is there, then I'm pretty much sold on it.

Yes it is a good pedal and do own it. However, (and this is ONLY personal opinion) based on what you are trying to accomplish, you might want to go with a digital device and not analog. For instance the Boss RE-20 Space Echo or DD-20 Digital Delay both of which I also own and use depending on the application. Hope that helped.

I just bought one on rig talk yesterday. I should have it in a few days. I bought it to replace my Memory Toy. Brightens up the dry signal when engaged way too much. I cant handle it anymore. It like the ease of set up and the way it oscillates but its time for it to go

I think mine is going to loose its place to my new Strymon El Capistan. The CC delay mix has always been too low. Better from a power-supply rather than battery. Easy to use. Sexy box, including glow in the dark nob markers. And inexpensive in today's boutique marketplace. Oh, no tap tempo. I have a DD20 too, which is great, I use the sound on sound, and the modulated delay for lush atmosphere. But the Strymon is just another level. I hope that helped, though suspect not...The CC is very good! J

Used one for the last 5 months. When added as spice, it's fantastic...modulation is perfect, longer delay time for an analog pedal is a nice option. But if using it as a constant ambient effect, I'd go with a quality digital rack unit.

It stays on my pedal board full time. Great box. One of the best, most lush effects for clean tones I've found.

I really dig the CC. Its better than my memory Toy in every way. Doent color the tone like the EH. The modulation is descent. It sucks on the MT. I dont use it as an ambient "on all the time" delay. I like digitals for that. I use this pedal for actual echo effects. Its great.

The price of the MT is better than the CC but you get what you pay for. Stay away from the EH Memory Toy.

Its a cool pedal and does what its supposed to do. I used one for a couple of months. The only problem you may run into is if you want to get crisp repeats. I dont care for the mushy repeats of analog delays...

TimeSignature said:
Its a cool pedal and does what its supposed to do. I used one for a couple of months. The only problem you may run into is if you want to get crisp repeats. I dont care for the mushy repeats of analog delays...
Youd need a digital for that probably

Been using the CC for about a year now...no issues, does EXACTLY what I want it to. I run it with my Stiletto in the loop and it sounds great. It gives me that little touch of "room" echo I like. I don't run it on the DC-2 however, it just doesn't sound right to me in the loop or in front. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. :wink:

Back