MXR-6, DUAL RECTIFIER

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissmyaxe

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone uses this EQ pedal in their rig, but I'm curious if anyone does. I've obtained this pedal in hopes of tightening up the sound of my DR. any suggestions or recommendations on using this pedal? thanks guys.

I have not used that, but I recently added the BBE Sonic Stomp at the end of my signal chain within effects loop... I have been digging it. Sounds and feels a lot more balanced, well rounded, articluate, rich, lush, blah blah blah...

i'm going to try it in the effects loop, didn't think of doing that. i have it running off the main input jack on the amp. i'll see if it makes a difference going through the loop, it might since it is an EQ pedal. Thanks.

yeah... just keep in mind, unless your loop is serial, you will only be effecting the wet signal... because of this, I tend to run master between 7-10(meaning full volume) to get as much of the wet signal as possible...

I was thinking about getting the MXR 6 band for my DR too. A 10 band would be to many frequencies I think.

it's helping out somewhat, but i need to do some more tweaking. i am optimistic i'll finally get the sound i want out of this amp.

If I am correct the EQ of the Recitifiers are post gain.
Does it make sense to add a second EQ?
If the amps EQ was pre-gain it would make sense IMO.

Post-gain only affects the different Q-factors and frequencies but not the character.

Pre-gain EQ you can decide which frequencies will be distorted and you can correct the final EQ post gain.

Back