Must Have effects for the Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeeMonkey

Reaction score
So what would you guys recommend for effect pedals that go great with a Mark IV.

Delay, OD, Wah, etc.

I know its kinda broad so just throw anything at me.. what im mainly looking for is a Wah and a boost for R2.

I hate pedals. I have a TC Electronics G Major and it is awesome. I would look into that.

I use a Budda Wah, the build quality is superb, pedal travel good, quiet and true bypass.
Original Boss CE 1 chorus ensemble and Tube screamer TS9.

For Multi FX - a Sony DPS V77 in the FX loop. This is a studio module more than a dedicated guitar processor, but it's a great unit and there are sounds available that aren't anywhere else !

Lyn

I use a delay very often (Boss DD-6), a TS-9 tubescreamer (modded to TS-808 specs + true bypass) for a few things, and a Vox A847 wah modded with true bypass and 4 adjustable trim pots in place of resistors for Q (voice), volume, bass and midrange (great pedal!). But I find the delay (in the loop) is a great addition to the MKIV...gives it some breadth without changing its voice.

I have a delay in the loop and a Scott's Crispy Cream Treblebooster in front. Treblebooster doesn't get used much but once in awhile on R2 it sounds great. Had a reverb as well in the loop till I figured out what was wrong with the amp's reverb.

The only thing I couldn't live without is an analog delay in the loop for a touch of presence on solos and riffing... but only because that's *my* tone. I don't think the Mark IV needs anything at all to sound amazing.

1969 EP2 in the loop...amp doesn't NEED it, but the amp LIKES IT ALOT!

instead of a chorus i went for the the sweetsound mojovibe, its a killer sounding pedal and is creeping into a lot of my tones

Latest posts

Back