mullard tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrara

Reaction score
hey guys, I found a set of 6 mullard el34s at my parents' house, my dad was into hifi in the 70s. Just wondering what the value on used sets of these are right now. Thanks!

Do you know if they are used or NOS?If your dad used them for Hi-Fi,even used they are probably still very strong.Hi-Fi amps dont torture tubes the way guitar amps do so even used will still be pretty good.As for a price,I would suggest checking ebay to see what they are getting,Mullards are a premium and very desireable tube.It would be helpful to try to get them tested for current draw to see if you have a matched pair/quad which will be a better selling point.

I would need way more info. Mullard used all kinds of tubes, some were their own, and some weren't. At the bottom of the tube, there should be a code etched in the glass. This will tell us the year, place, and typre of tube you have. Please note that there is a HUGE difference between an XF1 Mullard and an XF4...that is why we need the codes. Post the code, exactly as it appears on the tube, and I will tell you what you have. Price is going to be all over the map if you don't have a tube tester.

Latest posts

Back