Mounting screw dimensions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
One of the guys over on the Electra Dyne forum started a thread about head cabs that might fit the Electra Dyne for a combo to head conversion, and someone brought up the fact that the lonestar is the only Mesa head right now with similar dimensions to the Electra Dyne that has the tubes hanging.

This got me thinking as well sense I have done conversion projects in the past.

Could one of you check the dimensions of the positions of the mounting screws on your Lonestar?

On my Electra Dyne combo, the mount screw dimensions for a rectangle (what else) approximately 15 3/4" x 5 1/4" if I measure from the center of each screw. They are mounted approximately 2 1/4 inches from the "inner" front edge (the one closest to the panel controls) and 3 inches from the outer edge.

I assume it doesn't matter whether it is a head or combo you are measuring. I assume it is the exact same chassis regardless with the lonestar.

Are there more then one chassis size? I know I read you have the 23 and 27 "inch heads and combo's (as does the ED).

From the pictures it almost looks like they use the same combo cabs, but when I have read the dimensions they seem slightly different. What was odd was that the ED had a slightly bigger combo cab and the Lonestar had a slightly bigger head cab.

Thanks

All those dimensions match. With the exception of the side. On my LSC it's like 5-6". But there is hollow space. The chassis only goes 1" past the screw on the side to side measurement. This is to accomodate the 2x12 speakers in the cab. But in a head, mesa could eliminate the hollow space and make the short version. So it would seem you have a match.

Thanks

I actually spoke with Mesa today and they said the ED combo chassis can fit into the Lonestar 23" head cab.

But if you get the cab with the reverb installed you are looking at 400$. If it where 200 or even 300 it would be an easy choice. 400. Now your starting to get close to the price difference of selling the combo and picking up a new head. Probably 100 to 200$ off.

Back