More Mark 5 fodder

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk5

Reaction score
I know I have the name, and I know I have next to zero posts, but take this for what you will from a poster on another page (from Huge Racks forum):

I hadn't gone to Rudy's in a couple of months and decided to go today. So I get there and go straight to the tiny amp room at the back. Only to discover that there were no amps there anymore.

I walk out the door and notice a sign on the window announcing the new showroom that is around the corner on 7th avenue on the 4th floor. I go up and walk in. There's a counter with some guitar parts in it. Nothing fancy. I see a door to the right and go through...

And I almost faint.

Through the door is a large, beautifully appointed room full of high-dollar boutique combos as well as some ridiculous vintage Vox's, Fenders etc. One of a kind Pensa guitars behind glass. And then on either side of that room, two smaller but still spacious rooms dedicated to A) Mesa and B) Marshall/Bogner/Orange.

The Mesa room is the best Boogie display I've ever seen. There's a metal Mesa logo like the one on Recto cabs, up on the wall about 3 feet wide. No less than 5 full stacks: RKII, Roadster, DR, Stiletto and something else. All in custom finishes. A Mark IV combo, Expresses, Lonestars, everything sitting on matching extension cabs.

Mesa spared nothing in sending Rudy goodies for the walls. One of a kind framed photo blow-ups. One of which is...

a picture of Randall working on an amp chassis that clearly reads Mark 5. Not Mark V but Mark 5. According to Rudy, who's such a nice guy, should not have been sent. But there it is.

Oh and guess what? I suggested they start doing clinics. Rudy's amp guy, Jessie says "Oh we are. There's one on June 27th (or 26th)." I ask: "Oh yeah? With who?" He says, "Andy Timmons."

i'm thinking maybe i should hop on a train to the city tomorrow. it looks like they have george l's cables so it could be a twobirds/one stone type deal.

Request pics or gtfo! That's too tantalizing to leave at that!

I ve been there and have seen the exact photo and its for real, its the best mesa showroom ive seen and worth checking out,. Youve all seen the same photo posted here, in the store its just very large and obvious it says mark 5. I could care less roadster for me!

to get there go to times square and hit all the music shops I think its 48th st

The Mark V is out already. You can see it in this month's Guitar magazine and on Mesa's website.

The Mark5 is a myth. The pictures were fake. Get a grip people!

Latest posts

Back