MoonShine (Mark2b)---with updated mix 10-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
MoonShine

---with updated mix 10-3

http://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/moonshine-ver3-1

original mix:
http://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/moonshine-9-17

a Spacey acoustic/electric ode to moonshine, and it's after effects.
:)

i just finished putting my studio room together in the new old house i just moved into....
and this is my first project in there, with new monitor setup and all, i've got a completely new acoustic environment i'm going to have to learn to mix in.

this is a new version of this song, with added bass track and new mix from scratch.

a custom build USACG stratocaster doing the electric work thru a mesa boogie mark2b head into a old Roland closed back vintage cab with Celestion G12c-30.

rig1u.jpg

how does the low end translate on your system?
this is what i'm working on with this one.
i want the low end to be full, but not boomy.

updated mix 10-3

http://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/moonshine-ver3-1

i think this one is a better version, with edited solo guitar tracks, new panning scheme, a lot of small tweaks that add up to dial it in more.

but

i might have reduced the bass guitar a bit in the mastering, still not sure about the low end translation now.
of course, it never ends.
LOL

that would be an easy fix, i think it's ok in the mix, but i used Multiband comp on the mastering of this one, and did not on the first one.

even tho i set it for a long attack, and not much compression, it might have smoothed it off a bit too much.
still on the fence with that one.

i left the other one up, just in case you want to bother with comparing them.

as always gonzo i love your stuff and the sonic quality of your recordings.....i dont know why more folks dont post about your material....maybe because it's not "metal" enough.....lol....but i think it's **** good and I actually listen to your cd that I purchased on a regular rotation.....its in my car now :D

masque

thanks for listening...
you are the only one who has.

i don't know what the deal is with metal only responses....
i mean, i like metal too......
and some of the stuff i post sometimes borders on metal.....

but i like the change up too, you know....

and if nothing else, i figure there are some folks here who are into engineering recordings as well...
so all i can do, is put it out there.

gonzo said:
masque

thanks for listening...
you are the only one who has.

i don't know what the deal is with metal only responses....
i mean, i like metal too......
and some of the stuff i post sometimes borders on metal.....

but i like the change up too, you know....

and if nothing else, i figure there are some folks here who are into engineering recordings as well...
so all i can do, is put it out there.

Well, I tried. I'm late to the post, but I did want to hear it. I do appreciate listening for the engineering aspects, and like hearing stuff other than the usual metal grind.

Latest posts

Back