Modified footswitches for Mesa Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew of anyone modifying or building a footswitch for a Stiletto with 3 buttons (1 for channel switching, 1 for Solo boost, and 1 for FX loop). The only thing my Stiletto is missing is a footswitchable FX loop. Is this even possible? Pardon my "newbishness" but if my curiosity makes me sound stupid, I'll take it.

Although that would be a great feature, I would be a lot cheaper an less time consuming to buy a switch you put in your loop to bypass or just turn off your effects that way. You could even make one. But adding an fx loop swich into the amp is a whole different story. Option 1 would be a switch at the send and return jacks. This would be essentially the same as a switch in your loop and just be messy. If you want to keep the tone you have to truly bypass the loop all together and the loop power tubes (if the stilettos have them).. but this something mesa already does on other amp models so why not just look into an amp that supports it?

Your mod can be done but I would recommend it done professionally if you are seriously considering doing it and expenses are out of the picture. It's not something you are going to want to mess around with considering your experience and the fact that you probably have a 2000 dollar stiletto. The potential for disaster is far greater than the benefits you would gain from an in amp fx bypass switch..

Thanks for your reply. The other guitarist in my band has a Mark IV, which as you know, has that ridiculously large foot controller with the FX loop feature. What I've been doing is only running my delay through the FX loop, but with just running that through it's a HUGE hassle considering my other FX are out front so, you're right, it is a messy situation.

I stumbled onto a guy that custom builds replacement footswitches and I had asked if it was possible (since he already has a replacement footswitch for Stiletto amps) to put an FX loop button on there like the Mark IV's got. But given my novice approach to this, I wouldn't know if that was even a possible thing without going into the amp and such. So, I know it sounds farfetched, but ya can't blame a guy for tryin' to have it all, eh?

Any suggestions? (Aside from buying a Mark IV haha)

wannabweiland said:
What I've been doing is only running my delay through the FX loop, but with just running that through it's a HUGE hassle considering my other FX are out front so, you're right, it is a messy situation.

This sounds like something a PedalSnake could solve. Sounds more like you're just trying to get rid of all the cables running to your pedal board. With a PedalSnake, you would have a single cable going to your pedal board (it splits into 4 or 7 "channels" depending on which one you get). You could use one channel for the pedals up front (daisy chain them together), a second channel for your loop pedal, a third channel to run power to all your pedals, and the fourth possibly could run to the amp footswitch (not sure about that one because it requires a stereo cable and the pedalsnake cable ends may only be mono - you can email them if you can't find that answer on the main site).

I'm using a GT10 and a wah pedal using 4cable mehtod with my Stiletto Deuce. I used to have cables all over the freakin place. Now I have ONE cable that carries guitar signal to amp input, to the loop, changes amp channels, and supplies power to everything in front of me. http://www.pedalsnake.com/

Back