MMM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
so I bought that J Design 2x12 i was telling you guys about (it's got two G12t-75's, same as my 1960a) BUT it has a full closed back, with a removable panel to make it a 3/4 back and oh my GOD this thing sounds SOOO good. It sounds so good I'm reluctant to trade it for that mesa 4x12 haha, ahhh

How ya liking your Tremoverb dude? I just bought the same head last week and really like it. What kind of settings are you running for high gain tones?

oh ya? NICE! what year, you happen to know? i hear the earlier versions are sweater (much like the DR's) but i've got a '98. I love it! it's been a little over 2 months since i've had mine and i'm still working on sounds. It's like... I still flick a swith, turn a knob, keep a switch where it is, flick this swith, turn that knob and WHOA another SWEET sound. haha it's almost endless. I play mostly hardcore music... so naturally I had the impression that Modern would be the way to go... until I worked with my Vintage gain... mmm. I actually recorded a clip (http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6141) a couple weeks ago. I actually took the advice of one of the posters and lowered my treble and i like it! I just got back home today though (my house caught on fire on Tuesday and the whole 1st floor is gone, no electricity, blah) so I just tried the new cab.

Not sure of the year, is there a way to tell? My serial number is R-010057. I hear ya on the tones......I've had it for about a week now and I've been mostly concentrating on high gain sounds on the red channel and clean on the orange channel. I've been curious about what kind of high gain tones I can acheave on the orange channel so I just need to mess with it alot more. It's in killer shape though and looks almost new. When I got it home it was sounding like the power tubes might be going bad so I threw in a new quad of Groove Tube 6L6 GE's I had laying around. I left the preamp and recto tubes stock Mesa and it just kills. Oh, BTW.....the clip sounded good!

Here's my rig..............

IMG_0530.jpg

tremoverbs i don't think changed much, if any. so if you got a tremoverb i'm pretty sure it'll sound the same if it's from 98 or 94. the only differences i'm aware of are the removable cord and parallel loop, but that's pretty minor.

oh really? hmph... reason i had said so was because I hear most people are like "blah blah, i wanna find a '94 trem i want an early version". If you open her up, the date is written on the circuit board i believe (that's where my date was). I would take a picture of the new (temporary) rig with the 1960a and 2x12, but my friend took my digital camera the other day. I don't know if you read my other post, but I'm working with a guy locally who wants to trade his mesa 4x12 for my 2x12 (cause he's lazy, haha)

Back