• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MKIV Wide Body Combo Quilted Maple.....not for sale anymore

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
Here is my situation. I have this beautiful combo in quilted maple that I use with my 2X12 Recto cab. I like the sound with the 2X12 better than the combo by itself so I would prefer to have a head for easier transport. I considered buying a shell but then this nice wood would just sit around and that seems like a sin of some sorts. Obviously this was an expensive amp and it is about a month old so I would like to get $1800 for it. My loss is your gain (no pun intended :D ) The amp is perfect in everyway and hasn't left my house. Everything is include, obviously. Casters, footswitch, cover, manual. I dont have the original box..sorry. Warranty card has not been filled out.

294a_1.jpg

2fad_1.jpg

holy crap, someone is getting a steal on this one.. you should consider holding onto it though :)

Did you do it again, Jeff? Seems to me this is two custom high end boogies you bought that you in the end discovered had a little more or something a little different than you needed. It is ironic, because back in the day before I ever had a dual rec, I had an early mark IV combo in hardwood that I gigged for years by pulling the head out of the hardwood and putting it in the Mesa Rackmount kit. It was 4 rack spaces of pure tone that went through my 80s rig into my 73 marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks. The rig served me VERY well and I toured it from 95 till 2001 when I bought my dual rec I am now selling. but my hardwood stayed safe in the anvil till I sold the mark IV in 2001 for the most part. I would pull it out for an occasional funk gig, and I would use the 1x12 hardwood as an ext. cabinet. Then Mesa came out with the 3 channel Dual rec, I got the first one sold in new england, and put the mark IV back in the hardwood, sold it, and moved on. THe rest of the story, you know all too well, Jeff... ;-) Good luck, either way.

Kevin

BostonGuitar said:
Did you do it again, Jeff? Seems to me this is two custom high end boogies you bought that you in the end discovered had a little more or something a little different than you needed. It is ironic, because back in the day before I ever had a dual rec, I had an early mark IV combo in hardwood that I gigged for years by pulling the head out of the hardwood and putting it in the Mesa Rackmount kit. It was 4 rack spaces of pure tone that went through my 80s rig into my 73 marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks. The rig served me VERY well and I toured it from 95 till 2001 when I bought my dual rec I am now selling. but my hardwood stayed safe in the anvil till I sold the mark IV in 2001 for the most part. I would pull it out for an occasional funk gig, and I would use the 1x12 hardwood as an ext. cabinet. Then Mesa came out with the 3 channel Dual rec, I got the first one sold in new england, and put the mark IV back in the hardwood, sold it, and moved on. THe rest of the story, you know all too well, Jeff... ;-) Good luck, either way.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thats a good idea. Where can I get a rack kit for the widebody head? I would keep it if I could do this as it would fix my issue. If I buy a headshell I figured it would cost me about $300 bucks. How much was the rack?

How is that RKII head??

Finnster...

~itchy PayPal trigger finger still waiting for the okay from you to hit "send money"...second PM sent...~

No rack kit for the widebody as it is too wide for 19 inch standard rack.

:-(

Sorry brothah...

Really wish you had replied to my email back when you were considering buying my dual rec. Regardless of your disinterest, I would have been cool if you had merely replied in the end... Just a shame...

I have decided to keep it after talking to Mesa last night. I ordered a head shell to swap it over. I said in my original post that I didn't want to do that and leave this beautiful cab sitting around but I decided what harm is that :D

This way I always have the option to swap it back if I feel the need. It was smarter to do this anyway instead of taking a hit on my combo and I dont have to wait for either build time on a new head or to find a nice used one for sale.

Problem solved..thanks to all!

sorry to those I teased.

Back