Mkiv Footswitch Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithw46

Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else out there but i never switch the EQ off on my mark 4 so the EQ foot switch is redundant, but i am always changing between class A and simul class (i like rhy 1 in simulclass and rhy2 in class a), so started to look into converting the EQ switch to a Class A / Simulclass switch. The external switching jack for this just needs tip and ring shorting for simulclass while the Class A / Simulclass switch on the back of the amp is set to Class A, the ring on the connector is ground. Noticed that the lead to the footswitch has an unused wire in it (the orange one) so extended this at the amp end soldered it to the the tip connection of a jack plug, plugged this into the Class A / Simulclass Socket. In the footswitch i loosend the cable grommet to feed more cable into the casing, replaced the EQ footswitch with a DPDT type and wired it so one side of the switch is switching the orange cable to ground which can be picked up at various points in the footswitch, the other side of the switch connects to the wires that went to the old EQ footswitch, then snip the brown wire that connects to the little circuit board, this is used to switch the EQ. So one side of the switch is now switching Class A / Simulclass, the other just switching the EQ led, (led on = simul led off = class A), EQ is pemenantly on courtesy of the switch on the back of the amp. Everything seems to work perfectly, just wondering if any of the experts on here could advise if i've done something stupid or not.

Back