MKIII Channel switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogietone

Reaction score
Will a TC Electronics G Major switch all three channels with different effects assigned to a channel in a MKIII? I did a search on this board and one thread seemed to indicate it would. But I really want to double check before buying this thing and possibly damaging my amp. Or, is there a better system that can channel switch with effects assigned to the individual channels?
Thanks.

Well, as far as I know, the switching system on a III ain't space science so I can't see why not - The Channel Switching is done by normal means - closing an open circuit etc etc.

However, watch your volumes in between channels - my III used to suffer with the common volume increase/decrease with R1 and R2.

It may be worth seeking advice of the "real-techs" on this forum, so this has at least bumped your question up the queue!!!

The R1/R2 volume inconsistency is always going to bite you in a live situation. Mesa sells the parts for a separate volume control for about $7 shipped. If you can't do it yourself any tech can do it for pretty cheap as long as he has the schematic.

PC Biz said:
The R1/R2 volume inconsistency is always going to bite you in a live situation. Mesa sells the parts for a separate volume control for about $7 shipped. If you can't do it yourself any tech can do it for pretty cheap as long as he has the schematic.

I have the R2 volume mod on my amp. Does that take care of the volume inconsistency your talking about?
Thanks.

Back