MKIIC+ w/o E.Q. value hit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoner

Reaction score
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a MKIIC+ combo with Simul-Class, 'verb, E-V, blonde w/cane but no E.Q. I have a sweet MKIII that I never, ever use the EQ on so it isn't a big deal performance-wise for me. How much of a bummer is it for resale value? Also, is asking $150 for shipping over the top or is it just me? Thanks. Z

$150 shipping? From where and what carrier? I had a Marshall sent to me from Florida overnight at the post office with insurance and it cost about $100. Other carriers might be more expensive. The Marshall was in an original Marshall box with the original packaging. So keep that in mind. I am in southern California.

If you don't use the EQ don't worry about it. If you ever sell it keep in mind that it might not sell for as much as a fully loaded unit. Scarcity of IIC+'s of any option configuration alone will keep the value up anyway. I wouldn't worry about resale. You will probably never sell it.

No carrier specified, just much whining about how heavy it is. I see the value question is addressed below, but riddle me this: If it turns out to be a C to C+ mod(based on serial # and owner account) without E.Q., is $1200 shipped sounding as stupid cheap as I think or is it in the ballpark since the E.Q. is absent? Z

I'd buy it if I was looking at it. I wouldn't post the ad or someone might snag it from underneath your nose. The amp is probably about the same weight as a full sized head or any other large transformer II, III, or export. If it is a combo then with the EVM it could be a boat anchor literally. That would warrant $150 insured overnight at the poast office or otherwise.

Back