MKIIC+ vs. CREAM colored "V"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeFormFunkified

Reaction score
Ive never played thru a IIC+ but I have played the MKV version of the CII+, now according to the very positive reveiws of the CII+ Ive gathered that I should probably play one in person to appreciate and really "FEEL" what this amp can do! With that said, Im all about feeling tone, Ive got roughly 36 yrs as a lead player mainly blues, funk and classic rock and mainly thru a MKI....OK here it is, My MKI BLOWS CREAM all over my MKV!!! Am I missing something, I cant be THAT far out of the loop? This is the reason I painted this picture first, I have a few great opportunities to snag a few MKIIC+'s nice ones, but if Im already that close with the MKV version then Im just not "FEELIN" it guys! I want to believe, PLEASE make me a believer because sweet deals like these only come around once in a life time!!!

I'd say do it, you can always flip it if you don't like it. Build a sweet *** hardwood head shell for it and that could help any sale.

scott

zodiac272 said:
I'd say do it, you can always flip it if you don't like it. Build a sweet *** hardwood head shell for it and that could help any sale.

scott
Hi Scott, I would still like to hear from anyone who has A/B'd the two, not to be misunderstood I do love my MKV, I can get everything that the "V" can do from the MKI, but the V CANNOT duplicate the three dimentional organic feeling of the MKI IMHO, so the deal "maker" for me would be that the CII+ blows the MKI away, if not I probably wont go for it. Here's a little insight to my dimentia, I would trade the V straight accross for an early (serial #in the 4xx's)MKI :mrgreen:

I have had a Mark I reissue and a Mark V and just about every version of C+ there is. The C+ version on the Mark V is a good attempt but it doesn't and cannot capture the essence, 3D or
organic feel of the real thing. It's hard to describe the actual feel of an the C+ so you have to play one yourself and decide. Everyone I know that has comes back with that
"I understand now" attitude. For those that haven't sat down with one you will get the argument that it's hype.
If you have the opportunity to grab one at a good price and don't like it (which is doubtful), you could always flip it and not loose a dime.

Note: I have had them side by side and A/B's the V and the C+.

FreeFormFunkified said:
I would still like to hear from anyone who has A/B'd the two, not to be misunderstood I do love my MKV, I can get everything that the "V" can do from the MKI, but the V CANNOT duplicate the three dimentional organic feeling of the MKI IMHO, so the deal "maker" for me would be that the CII+ blows the MKI away, if not I probably wont go for it. Here's a little insight to my dimentia, I would trade the V straight accross for an early (serial #in the 4xx's)MKI :mrgreen:

The early Mark I's were very inconsistant because of the evolution of the circuit, and the customers' desires. If you have an early Mark I that you cherish, I would not trade it for a IIC+ or a Mark V. I played a 1978 Mark I for many years and sold it mainly because of volume issues(60/100). I now have Mark IIC+ amps and an Electradyne(which is getting near the volume threshold of selling). I have played the Mark V side-by-side with my Mark II's, and have come to one conclusion. If you set your C+ like it says in the Mark V manual, they sound nearly identical. If your favorite IIC+ settings are different than those listed, it is a different animal. 8)

If you have an old amp that eats new amps for breakfast, it doesn't mean you're missing something. I bought an Express 5:25 as an upgrade from my Studio 22+, and after playing with the bells and whistles for a year, the Express has been sold, and I'm back with number one, and appreciating it even more.
Always trust your years to guide you through the hype!

Back