MkI "frankensteen" Gut Shots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I took some pics of my MkI that has the "Post FX Level" effects loop and a MkII-style reverb added by Mike B. I can't decipher any of this because I do not have an original amp to compare it to. But it might help someone else out. :p

DSC01970.jpg

[/img]
DSC01969.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

[/img]
DSC01967.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

[/img]
DSC01965.jpg

DSC01964.jpg
[/img]

The Mark I's had PCB mounted tube sockets? Is it a reissue?

Are the Mark IVs the only currently Mesa amp with chassis mounted sockets?

stevehollx said:
The Mark I's had PCB mounted tube sockets? Is it a reissue?

Are the Mark IVs the only currently Mesa amp with chassis mounted sockets?

The tube base is screwed into the chassis. What keeps the circuit board connected is the pins soldered to the PCB. This was done on the MK I,II A,B and C. The first PCB sockets on the MK series was the III so naturally the IV has PCB sockets pretty much like every other Mesa amp after the MK III.

She sho is perty!!! Super photography man. Those caps were made at Barker Microfarad Inc. in Hillsville, Virginia. Too bad they only make motor starters now.

Thats soooo clean. It must've been cleaned by Mike B when he did the mod, it looks like it was assembled just yesterday :lol: I've never seen the inside of a MkI, thought they were PTP jobs. You guys never cease to surprise me with new stuff!

Back