MK V's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miqueas92

Reaction score
I have noticed that the prices on the used V's are starting to come down.

Look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-5-Guitar-Amplifier-/150509003489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230b0922e1

8)

Mick

Now there is one in the for sale section for $1,650.00 shipped !! :shock:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49817

Exactly why I haven't sold my Mark IV widebody combo or my Triaxis/Coliseum 300 stereo rack setup yet. All this talk about the IV losing value because of the V is hot air. IMO, the IV's lead channel is better than the V's.

THTH said:
Exactly why I haven't sold my Mark IV widebody combo or my Triaxis/Coliseum 300 stereo rack setup yet. All this talk about the IV losing value because of the V is hot air. IMO, the IV's lead channel is better than the V's.
thats becasue you DONT own a V. :lol:
nah. just kidding

Ploki said:
thats becasue you DONT own a V. :lol:
nah. just kidding

:D Actually, I tried the V out on two separate occasions at my local dealer to make sure I would have a good idea of the amp and what it is capable of. I've had approximately 3 hours total time on the V. I liked channels one and two, but I didn't think the V's lead channel was as good as the lead on the IV for what I need. That was the deal breaker for me. I also can't justify owning a V if I still have a IV combo and triaxis/300 with two 4x12 cabs. I had hoped the V would be the "perfect" amp solution, but for me it isn't. I'll continue to use the IV and my JMP for recording, and the triaxis/300 for live gigs where it really is great.

I always wanted to own a Mark IV, but they are just so **** expensive. Someday, someday...

I got my Mark V head from a forum member on this forum for a killer price. It has vanilla taurus tolex, and a tan grille with tan corners and a tan handle. Killer looking head.

Latest posts

Back