MK V wish list

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh. Possible dual channel mark? Clean + Lead.

It'd be sick if you could dial in the lead channel for everything from Rhy2 to LD!!!!!

of course, by simplified, I hope they don't ruin the tweaking nuances!

Matterra said:

It'd be sick if you could dial in the lead channel for everything from Rhy2 to LD!!!!!

They made that already. It's called the IIC+.

Seems the clean channel needs the most work for most of us. Lonestar cleans would definitely be nice with the lush reverb with independent controls for each channel. Perhaps some different voices for each channel like a vintage/classic/modern switch. EQ should definitely stay. I would say having a rectifier sound out of it would round out the mix, but then it wouldn't be a traditional Mark series amp. If Randall Smith is going to make a simplified version then I would be kinda disappointed. The Express series is relatively simple as compared to the rest of the lineup.

I hate speculating :) I think if he really used the word 'simplified' he might mean a fixed eq like the F/Express series. Not everyone likes the V curve. Oh well, only time will tell.

Whoopysnorp said:
Matterra said:

well then call it the mark ivc+ :lol:

i play metal so i would like a cleaner rhy1, you can sans the rhy2, keep the lead the way it is, add an on off switch for the reverb on the floor board and that will be the only way i could be happier with my mark iv!

Antoine said:
I like it as it is, really... you can't do better than perfection !
I agree, as I've said many times already, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. Most of the "solutions" I've read so far have nothing to do with the Mark series and don't belong on a Mark amp. I just don't understand why there's so many people being vocal about screwing with perfection.

Considering how versatile and impressive the MarkIV is I would expect the MarkV to completely break the perception of what guitar amplification is/should be and deliver an amp that will set a new standard for quality and tone. Inventing tone seems to be what Mesa is all about.

Whoopysnorp said:
Matterra said:

Notice how popular the IIC+ is nowadays?

I could see the V being an updated IIC+ easily...

Bring back the Coliseum model, with auto-assign effects loop, graphic EQ, and power tubes per channel (6L6 and EL-34). Independent reverb, gain, presence, tone, master, and output per channel. My ideal preamp would be:

Rhy 1- Mark I input #2 gain
Rhy 2- Same as MkIV with a gain knob that goes to 12. :twisted:
Lead- All the C+ madness that you can take. :eek:

And all this for $799.00 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see a Mark IV+ prior to a Mark V, unless of course Mesa has an incredible idea going already.

-Same three Mark IV channels
-Fully independant channels (nothing shared like Rhythms 1 & 2 on the Mark IV)
-Have the following assignable for each channel: Tweed/Full, Simul-Class/Class A, Reverb/None, Pentode/Triode. Similar to the Road King/Roadster channel options.
-Keep Midgain/Harmonics on lead channel
-Keep the assignable EQ
-Keep the assignable FX loop
-Keep the current switching options and add midi capabilities as well
-Keep the other current options

Back