MK V Clean

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miqueas92

Reaction score
So,

Is the MK V´s clean channel, basically the LSC clean channel¿¿

Mick

I love my Mark V but Ill take my Lonestar cleans over it anyday . The mark cleans are good but for my taste i much prefer the cleans of the LS .

No, but if it is in fat mode with the bold switch on it can get to sound pretty **** close if not better.

Thats exactly how I run my Mark V but for my taste the LS has a much warmer sound , It just sparkles . I love lots of gain but I really feel the LS is one of the best amps that Mesa makes . Its a work horse that covers alot of territory . Dont get me wrong I love the Mark V , its an awesome beast .

No, but great just the same. The fat mode of the V with "bold selected" is probably the closest to a LS clean. I agree....it is not the same as the LSC, however, I personally think its great!

I also love the fantastic sounds that I get out of the "Tweed" mode of the V in channel 1 which I personally wasn't able to find in the LSC or the RK clean channels while I owned those amps.

Just depends on what you are after.

I haven't played them side by side. Still, I bought a Strat a few weeks ago, and demo'd it through a Lonestar. I came home and immediately played it on fat mode on my V, and they sounded the same, as far as my memory served me.

I had a Roadster (with the LS clean circuit) at the time I bought my Mark V. I was able to get the two amps clean channels to sound pretty darn close to each other, though I was dialing them in for my own preferred clean sound.

I wonder how many people are comparing the Mark V cleans through a V30 loaded, closed back 4x12 to the Lonestar cleans through a MC-90 loaded, open-back 2x12 combo?

Good question screamindaisy.

Actually, I am comparing my MkV combo cleans with a LSC combo and a LSS combo. All of these amps have great cleans without question.

I happen to prefer the V over the LS series because of the versatility of the 3 excellent clean modes offered in channel 1 alone with the V. I am not saying that any of the 3 modes offered in the V are "better" than the LS series clean....it just works great for me!

screamingdaisy said:
I wonder how many people are comparing the Mark V cleans through a V30 loaded, closed back 4x12 to the Lonestar cleans through a MC-90 loaded, open-back 2x12 combo?
I have the Mark V and the LS and play them through the same cab . I have to put the LS cleans ahead of the MV cleans . All my cabs have V30s

SteveO said:
I had a Roadster (with the LS clean circuit) at the time I bought my Mark V. I was able to get the two amps clean channels to sound pretty darn close to each other, though I was dialing them in for my own preferred clean sound.
Thats the first time I ever heard of the Roadster having the LS clean circuit . I could be wrong but I dont think the rectifier series has the LS clean circuit .

Barry said:
SteveO said:
Thats the first time I ever heard of the Roadster having the LS clean circuit . I could be wrong but I dont think the rectifier series has the LS clean circuit .

you are wrong, the rkII and roadsters both are advertised to have the lonestar clean circuit

phyrexia said:
Barry said:
SteveO said:

you are wrong, the rkII and roadsters both are advertised to have the lonestar clean circuit

also they advertise that the mk2 c+ on ch3 has the same circuit that the mk II c+ had and thats not true..

phyrexia said:
Barry said:
SteveO said:

I stand corrected .

Barry said:
screamingdaisy said:
I have the Mark V and the LS and play them through the same cab . I have to put the LS cleans ahead of the MV cleans . All my cabs have V30s

I agree, the MK V Cleans are great, but not as good as the LSC's

JAZZGEAR said:
Barry said:
screamingdaisy said:

I agree, the MK V Cleans are great, but not as good as the LSC's
The LS is an amazing amp . Ive tried to get the MV into that territory but to my ears the LS has a warmer sounding clean channel . I love my MV though, great amp .

Back