Mk llc++ on e-bay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Leggs

Reaction score
New listing on e-bay for a mark ll c ++ says built in 84. It looks like a mk lll face plate. Also states the serial # is 13003 but the 1 sort of looks like a 2 although photo is not very clear. For $4200 it should be the real deal. Can anyone shed some light on this amp ? THANKS

I'm going to guess and say that it didn't have an EQ and they added it in later... After they were out of iic+ faceplates....serial puts it in the correct range... Could have been done when the ++ mod was done... You can tell it started off a standard +, so yea... Later conversion to ++, and probably added EQ at the time.. Just a guess, Mike B could tell you for sure, he's good at keeping records.

I see what you mean I thought the same thing at first. It's just that in the photo the first number of the serial looks like a 2 not a 1. Did boogie ever ++ any mk lll's. I'm interested in this amp but leery of what appears to be serial # in the 20,000's

Buster Leggs said:
I see what you mean I thought the same thing at first. It's just that in the photo the first number of the serial looks like a 2 not a 1. Did boogie ever ++ any mk lll's. I'm interested in this amp but leery of what appears to be serial # in the 20,000's

I see what you mean on it, it's kinda of fuzzy... Hard to make out...

Everything else appears to point to it being a iic+ though, at least at first glance... The rear panel is correct, it has the orange light (mark III power light is blue) - If you are considering buying it, I'd ask for gut shots, and check to make sure the transformers are correct... I had one that at some point had the correct transformer, but a previous owner decided to have simulclass added, and the transformer had been replaced because of it, so if it had EQ added to it, and has been modded, I'd make sure there was nothing else done...

I actually have a call out to Mike B right now about it, because I'm curious... I'll let you know what he says, it may very well belong to someone on these boards as well that may be able to chime in.

I did notice the orange light which would be correct for a llc but still ya never know. Please let me know what Mike B. says. Gut shots- I wouldn't know much from looking at those to be honest but other b/borders would. Thanks for your help !!

So Gary at Mesa called me back, he actually pulled the listing up to review, and said the same thing you did... That the serial looks like it starts with a 2... and pretty much said, mike told him to get gut shots and then you could get a definite answer... But from the outside, it's obviously had work done - he assumed what I did that the EQ was added later, being the reason for the faceplate.. But, it's not unheard of to have a mark III++ - I'd talk to the seller and get gut shots, of the board and the transformers, and go from there...

Thanks exbest for the time you invested in helping me. I didn't have a good feeling about that amp and a fully loaded c+ (60/100 which I love the sound of ) just came up on e-bay and all checks out with that so I grabbed it. Thanks again for your help!

For anybody that cares - I spoke to the owner of amp, he said he's the 2nd owner of the amp.. The amp started as a c+ combo, with only simul-class... When the original owner sent it in for the ++ mod, both reverb and EQ were added... It has the 105 transformer.

Just a heads up in case anybody else was looking at it.

Back