MK-IV w/ El-34 Sound Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlst7

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to need to buy tubes here pretty soon and was wondering if I should stick with 6l6 or go el-34. Can anyone post a sound clip of the mark iv with el-34's?? I run my amp on Full Power, Pentode, and simulclass. EV speaker. I use RHY 1 for clean, RHY 2 for like palm muted gritty rhythm, and lead for either a super aggressive rhythm or solos. If there aren't any clips available, could someone try to describe the difference to me? I appreciate your time. Thanks

On this vid you can hear the saturation using the EL34 on my Mark IV on the gain channel, Used Pentode, mid gain and (( Class A which is only the two outer power tubes, in this case I have the El34's in there))
they're suppose to give you more of that British sound.
Basically this vid it's all EL34's tone,
Hope this helps,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Vy96nKk1g

On simuclass, pentode and Harmonics you will get more tone since you'll be using the two El34's and the two 6l6

atlst7 said:
Hey guys,

I am going to need to buy tubes here pretty soon and was wondering if I should stick with 6l6 or go el-34. Can anyone post a sound clip of the mark iv with el-34's?? I run my amp on Full Power, Pentode, and simulclass. EV speaker. I use RHY 1 for clean, RHY 2 for like palm muted gritty rhythm, and lead for either a super aggressive rhythm or solos. If there aren't any clips available, could someone try to describe the difference to me? I appreciate your time. Thanks

Back