MK IV settings for crunch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenabI

Reaction score
I recently swapped to EL34's in the outer sockets and I immediately discovered that RHY 2 is much more to my taste now, especially for crunch and also for leads. Since this amp has so many permutations I was wondering if anyone here would like to share their favourite settings for crunch sounds, doesn't need to be RHY 2 or in Class A, it can be anything but settings in RHY 2 and Class A is mainly what I'm looking for.

I like to run the amp in it's highest power settings for tight crunch so Full, Pentode, Simul... Gain 8 pulled, Bass 3, Mids 4, Treble 7, Drive 8.5, Presence 3... The graphic EQ is a slope going down from 80Hz a bit below the top to 6600 a bit above the middle with the 750 slider a bit above the bottom... mean and meat.

There is a settings area on this forum. I would check that out! What type of sound are going for Metalica Santana or classic rock? It wakes a big difference in how you love your mids. I sometimes run 34's but I find the clean sounds suffer a little!

mule#1 said:
There is a settings area on this forum. I would check that out! What type of sound are going for Metalica Santana or classic rock? It wakes a big difference in how you love your mids. I sometimes run 34's but I find the clean sounds suffer a little!

Oh I didn't realize there was a section like that. i'll check it out for sure, thanks for the reply guys.

Yes EL34 in Mark IV = **** cleans to be honest but better overdrive IMO.

EDIT: Where's the settings section/thread you talked about? I can't find it.

Back