MK IV REVERB TANK DISCONNECTED ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUART

Reaction score
Anyone here on the forum know if it would be safe to run a short head Boogie with the reverb wiring disconnected to the tank ??

Thanks !!! in advance ... Stu

I sure hope so - I disconnected mine today because I rackmounted my MKIV. I played it for about 30 minutes, and it didn't blow up yet, so...:)

CJ Grimmark

It should be fine to run without reverb and without a fan. Just be sure to keep it ventilated if not using a fan. The reverb tank is a non-issue. When I got mine it didn't even have a reverb tank. It was fine but it just didn't have reverb.

Russ even with the fan removed is this a good idea as its a bit cramped in there for any airflow around the power and preamp valves etc with my MKIV short head .
I always thought the fan would help keep the trannys cool too as they can generate heaps of heat and so give a longer working lifespan...

Thanks for the reverb info thats much appreciated everyone , :D
Now disconnected !!..

Stu

Without a fan you just have to use an alternate method of keeping the amp cool if you are getting it hot. A separate fan or if rackmounted a rack fan would do it.

When I switched out my C90 to a EVL, I found out my reverb tank wouldn't fit, so I took it out. Never use the reverb anyway. Much prefer the reverb of the G-Major. Just make sure you your reverb knob is set to "0" and you will be allright. :D

Back